Liv Architects is a chartered Architects practice located in Flitcham, Norfolk. We specialise in contemporary and sustainable new build homes, as well as extensions and renovations. We are seeking a Part 1 Architectural Assistant to join our small team to support the senior team. The small size of our team means that the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on all stages of our projects, with good opportunities for progression and plenty of variety.
You will be required to:
- undertake measured building surveys both alone and with others,
- draw up surveys and as-existing drawings,
- assist senior staff with concept designs,
- Produce computer and physical 3D models and visualisations, as well as physical models
- assist in preparing Planning Applications, and
- Liaise professionally with clients, statutory authorities, contractors and consultant as needed
You will have:
- A passion for low energy design, and interest in domestic and rural architecture
- A portfolio that demonstrates a high level of creativity, as well as the beginnings of an understanding of technical design
- The ability to work proactively within a small team, meeting deadlines and planning workload
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including fluent written and spoken English
- Access to a car and a full driving licence
- Previous experience with Vectorworks, Photoshop, InDesign and Sketchup is desirable
- Physical model making skills are an advantage
Salary and Benefits
Salary £20,000-£24,000 pa dependent on experience, along with company pension scheme. Own car and drivers licence essential.
Flexible working options are available subject to agreement, although presence in the studio minimum 3 days per week is necessary.
Supported Apprenticeship study route for Part II and III is available for the right candidate.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a CV with covering letter and a brief portfolio of work (max. 10MB please) to firstname.lastname@example.org
The position is offered for immediate start, with interviews to be held within the next three weeks.
No agencies please.