Architectural Technician Job in Putney, South London
Architectural Technician job now available with an employee-owned practice! This opportunity will see you working on technical rail projects using Microstation!
Established over 40 years ago, the practice consists of passionate and dedicated architects, designers, and technology professionals, who are committed to delivering elegant and considered designs. From innovative rail and transport work across the UK to state-of-the-art higher-education facilities, they apply rigour and attention to detail, to the design and management of all their projects. Their innovative and collaborative approach is also supported by their cutting-edge application of new technologies in BIM.
Their desire to create inspiring environments extends into the office management and structure of the practice. As a limited company with 100% of its share held in trust for the benefit of the employees. Employee Ownership supports a collaborative working culture, that ensures the long-term stability of the company, as well as making a commitment to encourage and support staff development.
Due to an increase in work, our client is now looking for an Architectural Technician or Technologist to join them on a full-time, permanent basis.
Role & Responsibilities
- Produce and manage technical design packages across a series of projects from RIBA stages 3 - 7
- You will be working on rail, regeneration, and higher education projects throughout the UK
- Candidates will be required to prepare project programmes, write specifications, and prepare construction details.
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 1 year UK professional working experience
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of technical detailing skills along with an understanding of modern methods of construction
- Experience working on rail or transport projects is desirable
- Experience using Microstation Bentley Software - AecoSim and/or ProjectWise
- Vectorworks knowledge is also desirable
- Good working knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, and MS Office
- Thorough working knowledge of UK building regulations
- Ability to work within a small team, where good communication and coordination is key
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- A thorough understanding of issues that occur on large-scale projects
- Have a flexible and committed attitude to work
- The ability to be able to work using your own initiative.
What you get back
- £25,000 - £40,000
- Good work-life balance
- Flexible working options, a minimum of 3 days per week in the office for full-time employees
- 24 days holiday + bank holiday, rising by one day each year of service, up to 29 days
- Professional development fund for each employee
- Team holidays and events, their last trip was two days away in Rome!
- Shared company profits each year, this varies year by year.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We'll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we'll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they've successfully completed the probation period.
Architectural Technician Job in Putney, South London - Your Architecture Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Charlotte Lambert Job Ref: 12914)