Digital Marketing Manager
Be part of the vision; be part of RIBA.
RIBA is a global professional membership body, and a cultural organisation, driving excellence in architecture.
Salary: c£46,000pa (based on experience)
Location: London/Hybrid working dependant on the needs of the business
Hours: 35 hours per week, Permanent
Why Join us? Our Benefits:
The RIBA offers an amazing employee benefits package which includes (a) a generous pension scheme with employer contributions (up to 12%), (b) life assurance, (c) annual leave of 26.5 days plus bank holidays, paid closure of 3.5 discretionary days between Christmas and New Year and a half-day for Christmas Shopping plus a season ticket loan. For more details on our benefits click here
RIBA is a well-known and respected brand that has been operating for nearly 200 years. You may have seen our annual Stirling Prize for the UK’s best building on TV, read about our campaigning work in the national press, or seen a red signboard promoting RIBA architects on a construction site near you. Why not join our Marketing team and help us build our brand further?
Our Marketing team runs campaigns to promote RIBA, its activities, events, products and services and thought leadership initiatives, covering topics from inspirational building design to sustainable architecture and business management. We target RIBA members, architects, construction industry professionals, policy makers, homeowners, advertisers and sponsors and the design-conscious public.
It’s an exciting time to join RIBA and lead a new digital marketing team that will improve our digital campaigns and optimise our digital channels. We work in a collaborative and supportive team environment on a variety of interesting projects with creative, passionate people. We share ideas and experiment with new marketing approaches to get the best results.
About the Role
The Digital Marketing Manager plays a key role in enhancing our digital marketing and communications. You are responsible for developing and optimising the performance of our digital channels, including email, social media and online communities. You and your team (a social media executive and an email executive) will deliver a programme of digital marketing campaigns promoting our activities, events, products and services, and thought leadership initiatives to achieve direct responses, awareness and engagement. You will measure and optimise campaign performance to achieve great results.
- Develop a strategy for our digital channels, including audience analysis, channel positioning and objectives and putting effective measurement and reporting in place to ensure our channels perform
- Develop digital marketing strategies and plans, set campaign objectives, monitor KPIs and manage marketing budgets.
- Campaign objectives may include recruiting new members, increasing audience engagement, driving event and course registrations, product sales and lead generation for sales teams
- Provide strategic, technical and creative advice on the development of digital marketing campaigns, to maximise their performance
- Oversee our email and social media programme and develop campaigns around key topics and audiences that raise awareness, drive engagement and direct responses
- Oversee the tactical delivery of the digital marketing programme with your team of two Marketing Executives who specialise in social media and email marketing
- Optimise digital campaigns – experimenting with A/B testing, calls to action, imagery/video, content and messaging – to test and learn
- Run digital advertising campaigns including Pay Per Click (PPC), Google Ads and paid social media, delivered via a specialist digital agency
- Work with the Marketing and Content teams to improve SEO and SEM for our websites and digital platforms Undertake audience segmentation, analysis and targeting – using databases and CRM systems to build lists and target groups
- Gain insights using measurement tools including Google Analytics, social media management and email platforms, making recommendations for campaign optimisation
- Be the marketing lead on web development projects to enhance user experience and journeys to increase online conversions
- Collaborate with channel owners and content contributors across the organisation to ensure best practice, train channel users and implement digital marketing strategies that deliver results
Wondering what we are looking for?
We seek an experienced digital marketer with creative flair and technical ability who is experienced in developing digital marketing campaigns and managing digital channels and communities.
- Have significant experience of digital marketing strategy and delivery including email, social media (paid and organic), digital advertising, pay per click and websites with a good understanding of SEO and SEM strategies
- Have experience of managing budgets, people, projects and influencing senior stakeholders
- Be highly organised, accurate and comfortable working under pressure to meet deadlines and deliver against KPIs and targets
- Be a confident communicator able to work both independently and collaboratively with accuracy
- Be competent in the use of industry standard reporting tools and platforms (Google Analytics, Power BI, email platforms, social media platforms, Canva), CMS and CRM systems
- Experience working on website and digital platform projects
- Have excellent copywriting and proofreading skills and attention to detail
Experience working in publishing, events, business services or membership marketing, with sales teams, sponsors and advertisers would be advantageous. A business/marketing qualification is required.
If you would like to apply for the position, please view the full job description below (found at 'supporting documents') and submit your CV and covering letter using the form below. Additionally, please ensure that you complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form which will be submitted separate from your application
Closing date: Sunday 9 October 2022
Interview date: First Interviews: w/c 10 and 17 October. Second interviews w/c 24 October
The RIBA aims to be an inclusive employer, committed to developing a varied and mixed workforce where all are encouraged to be themselves. We value applications from all sections of society and welcome requests for flexible working across our organisation.
Registered Charity No. 210566