Permanent | Daily rate (retainer)
Closing date: Noon, 10 Oct 2022
This Architect role supports the Cathedral by looking after its fabric to enhance our mission in accordance with the Care of Cathedrals’ Measure. This role will ideally suit a local Architect / Surveyor who lives within the East Midlands Region.
- Strong technical skill set with experience in the conservation and repair of historic buildings
- Experience of church repairs and re-orderings
- Professional conservation accreditation
- An understanding of the liturgical, mission, and other purposes of the Cathedral
- Imagination and creativity to find workable and affordable solutions
Leicester Cathedral (Grade II*) is situated in the heart of this vibrant city. It comprises a large nave and chancel, with two chancel chapels, along with a 220-foot-tall spire. The building has undergone various alterations and appears largely Gothic in style today. A major restoration project in 2015 was the re-ordering of the Chancel to include a new tomb for the remains of King Richard III. Leicester Cathedral Revealed is underway with its own project architect as a 12.7 million development and restoration project due for completion in 2024.
0116 261 5345
Full info pack on www.leicestercathedral.org/vacancies