Marketing Executive (Email)
Be part of the vision; be part of the RIBA.
The RIBA is a global professional membership body, and a cultural organisation, driving excellence in architecture.
Salary: £32,000-£35,000pa (based on experience)
Location: London/Hybrid working dependant on the needs of the business
Hours: 35 hours per week, permanent
Why Join us? Our Benefits:
The RIBA offers an amazing employee benefits package which includes (a) a generous pension scheme with employer contributions (up to 12%), (b) life assurance, (c) annual leave of 26.5 days plus bank holidays, paid closure of 3.5 discretionary days between Christmas and New Year and a half-day for Christmas Shopping plus a season ticket loan. For more details on our benefits click here
RIBA has been operating for nearly 200 years. We are a well-known and respected brand - you may have seen our annual Stirling Prize for the UK’s best building on TV, read about our campaigning work in the national press, or seen a red signboard promoting RIBA architects on a construction site near you. Why not join our Marketing team and help us build our brand further?
Our Marketing team creates and leads on campaigns to promote RIBA, its activities, events, products and services and thought leadership initiatives. We develop and publish a range of content and run events on topics from inspirational building design to sustainable architecture and business management. We target customer groups including RIBA members, architects, construction industry professionals, policy makers, homeowners, advertisers and sponsors.
It’s an exciting time to join RIBA in this new role that will deliver our programme of email marketing campaigns. We work in a collaborative and supportive team environment on a variety of interesting projects with creative, passionate people. We share ideas and experiment with new marketing approaches to get the best results.
About the Role
Email is a key channel for marketing and engagement. We use it to generate direct responses, event bookings, generate leads, cultivate new and returning customers, communicate with members and keep the RIBA brand front of mind.
You will be responsible for developing and delivering targeted and effective email campaigns promoting our activities, events, products and services, and thought leadership initiatives, via newsletters and solus emails.
- Develop email marketing campaigns to meet marketing objectives and targets and oversee the tactical delivery of our email marketing programme
- Create effective propositions and messaging to engage, raise awareness, drive direct responses and web traffic, bookings and purchases
- Undertake database segmentation and targeting – using digital platforms and CRM systems to build lists and target groups
- Run lead generation campaigns for sales teams
- Optimise email campaigns – experimenting with A/B testing, calls to action, imagery/video, content and messaging and deliverability on different devices and platforms – to test and learn
- Ensure best practices for data and list management, list health and deliverability and ensure emails are GDPR compliant
- Monitor/measure campaign outcomes using email platforms and Google Analytics, offering insight and making recommendations for change and further optimisation.
- Provide technical and creative advice on the development of email campaigns and templates to maximise their performance
Wondering what we are looking for?
- Significant experience in developing and delivering tactical email campaigns that drive sales and direct responses
- Experience of email marketing platforms (Adestra, Mail Chimp or similar), email optimisation, effectiveness, deliverability, testing and automation
- Excellent copywriting and proofreading skills with attention to detail
- Strong HTML skills for email design and bug fixing
- Demonstrable organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Competency in managing and analysing data to spot insights and trends
- Confidence to communicate your ideas with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with accuracy
- Competency in the use of industry standard reporting tools and platforms (Google Analytics, Power BI, email platforms), CMS and CRM systems
- An understanding of complementing marketing strategy and techniques
Experience working in publishing, events, business services or membership marketing, with sales teams, sponsors and advertisers would be advantageous. A business/marketing qualification is desirable.
If you would like to apply for the position, please view the full job description below (found at 'supporting documents') and submit your CV and covering letter.
Additionally, please ensure that you complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form which will be submitted separate from your application.
Closing date: Sunday 9 October 2022
Interview date: First Interviews: w/c 10 and 17 October. Second interviews w/c 24 October
(Please note that we may close an advert earlier than the date above if an exceptionally high volume of applications is received)
The RIBA aims to be an inclusive employer, committed to developing a varied and mixed workforce where all are encouraged to be themselves. We value applications from all sections of society and welcome requests for flexible working across our organisation.
Registered Charity No. 210566