Senior Architectural Design Technician
Job Title: Senior Architectural Technician
The package: £30,000- £35,000+ dependent on experience
Hours: Monday- Friday 37.5 hours per week
Are you hungry to expand your career, develop your experience? Would working for a leading Construction company who are experiencing a rapid growth period excite you?
A bit about us:
Darwin Group LTD is the UK’s leading modular construction provider for the Healthcare Sector, providing unique design and build projects that are delivered in half the time associated with traditional construction. We offer a complete turnkey solution, owning all stages of the design and build process through our in-house team of more than 150 Design and Construction specialists
Darwin Group Ltd is a family-owned business that is rapidly growing and now is a better time to join us than ever. Darwin Group has been recognised as one of the 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2015 by the London Stock Exchange Group and ranged in the top 1000 of Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies 2022 by the Financial times. Development and wellbeing of our employees is at the forefront of what we do, and with Darwin Group expanding, this is an exciting time to join us!
Working within CIAT Chartered Design Practice at an award winning design and build construction company, the role will allow you to experience all RIBA work stages from brief to handover. The construction value of projects range from £3 million to £60 million+ and are mainly in the Healthcare and Education sectors. Within the role you will:
- Work with latest building information modelling software such as Revit Grow your understanding of Health Building Notes, Health Technician Memorandum and Building Bulletins Develop interesting Architectural concept designs with the client and project teams
- Produce and co-ordinate design details and support factory and site teams as required
- Co-ordinate designs with design consultants and gain a better understanding of MEPH, fire engineering, acoustic design etc…
- Working on projects utilising modern methods of construction Grow sustainability knowledge and help build better utilising passive house and low zero carbon principles Produce and co-ordinate planning applications, building control applications, BREEAM certification and other statutory applications
- Work closely with other industry professionals in the Design, Commercial, Construction, Factory and Site teams Develop knowledge with regular CPD sessions
Darwin Group will provide support with CIAT Chartership, RIBA professional qualifications or other qualification routes as applicable.
- Education or Healthcare architectural design or design co-ordination experience
- Previous experience as an Architectural Technician or equivalent role Experience using Autodesk Revit or other equivalent 3D BIM software
Anything else you need to know?
- Base hours are 37.5 hours a week 08:30-17:00 Monday- Thursday & 8:30-15:45 Friday
- Attendance of site meetings across the UK is required from time to time which may include overnight stays
- You will need to drive or have means of transport as the site is not accessible by public transport
- Competitive salary – we are national living wage accredited company
- Enhanced company sick pay scheme
- Family leave package- we support you extending your family
- Career development where you will benefit from a wide range of support and training
- Life assurance x 3 your salary
- Early finish Friday- 15:45 finish
- 24 days annual leave + Bank holidays Pension
Darwin Group is an equal opportunity employer which means we will always strive to be 100% inclusive, whilst not tolerating discrimination of any kind. We are hiring talented, impact-driven individuals who want to be more than just another employee. Could you be one of them?