RHJB Architects are a design-led studio based in Central London, with a focus on contemporary design, seeking an Architectural Technician who will share in our collaborative and creative culture. RHJB was established 8 years ago and with an ever-increasing reputation and workload across London and the South-East. We are looking to expand our numbers and capability and would like people who are keen to be part of this growth, bringing skills to shape the future of the studio.
We work closely in a design-led and exciting studio environment and pride ourselves on thinking differently, and delivering beautifully crafted designs to our clients. We have projects across several sectors with a predominantly high-end residential portfolio. We are passionate about what we do and believe strongly in being both professional and approachable.
We are keen to see you grow within the practice, becoming an integral part of our team. To do this we would support further learning for both your development and practice success.
You will have a passion for domestic residential architecture, be creative, positive, driven, able to find solutions to unusual problems and able to do this independently.
You will take pride in what you do, be enthusiastic and most of all, enjoy it. You’ll be flexible, and willing to be part of something exciting, working across all areas of the practice.
You’ll be willing to be collaborative, personable, and communicative, where you will be playing a full part in determining how the practice moves forward, and how we develop and continue to grow.
You will be able to make a positive impact on how we operate, sharing your knowledge and expertise in both technical design and practice operations. Equally, we would seek to support your progression and development as your role grows within the team and the practice.
YOUR SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Hold a degree in architectural technology or similar capacity and be CIAT Accredited.
- Minimum 5 years post-CIAT qualification experience in the UK across RIBA Work Stages 4 & 5, developing detailed Design & Specification proposals for Tender and Construction, to a high standard, on time and within budget.
- Managing a drawing programme to meet studio timeframes and client expectations, including direct communication with clients and consultants.
- Expert knowledge of UK building construction, legislation, codes of practice & current UK Building Regulations.
- Knowledge of CDM and on-site health and safety requirements.
- Prepare briefs, instruct, and assess the designs from consultants, agreeing on the scope of work, information required and programme.
- Be able to hand sketch, and communicate well visually and verbally to Clients, and Consultants alike.
- Liaise with external consultants to deliver all required information for projects.
- Excellent IT skills with the use of AutoCAD, SketchUp, Microsoft Office Suite, and Apple Mail. Photoshop & InDesign an advantage.
- Attend regular site visits to support the building team, monitor design and build progress and respond to technical queries.
- Be able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- You will have an excellent knowledge of the English Language (Written & Spoken).
- You will be eligible to work in the UK.
- Holding a full UK driving licence and having your own transport is essential.
We offer a competitive salary package, with 23 days of standard holiday entitlement and flexible hybrid working between home and our vibrant studio base right in the heart of London Bridge. Salary is between £33,000 & £40,000 subject to experience. Plus Pension.
If you have the architectural experience and qualifications to match the above, please email us your current CV, cover letter and portfolio, including examples of your recent work
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE