Professional Standards Manager
Be part of the vision; be part of the RIBA.
The RIBA is a global professional membership body, and a cultural organisation, driving excellence in architecture.
Salary: c£34,500 per annum
Location: London / Hybrid working
Hours: 35 hours per week, Full-time, 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
This is an additional Professional Standards Manager role on a fixed-term basis due to increasing workload demands.
This is an important role in the RIBA’s Professional Standards team, managing the day-to-day delivery of the RIBA’s professional conduct function and dispute resolution services.
Why Join us?
The RIBA offers an amazing employee benefits package which includes (a) a generous pension scheme with employer contributions (up to 12%), (b) life assurance, (c) annual leave of 26.5 days plus bank holidays, paid closure of 3.5 discretionary days between Christmas and New Year and a half-day for Christmas Shopping plus a season ticket loan. For more details on our benefits click here.
About the Role
You will be:
- Managing complaints under the RIBA Code of Conduct and Code of Practice in relation to RIBA members and Chartered Practices, running casework efficiently in accordance with the RIBA Disciplinary Procedures.
- Supporting professional conduct appraisals and hearings, including preparing correspondence and documentation, dealing with enquiries, arranging meetings and writing reports.
- Managing and liaising with the pool of professional conduct panel members.
- Processing dispute resolution enquiries and managing the RIBA Dispute Resolution Service on a day-to-day basis to provide a high-quality service.
- Supporting the regular review of membership of the RIBA professional conduct and dispute resolution panels to maintain and enhance service standards.
Wondering what we are looking for?
The successful candidate will have:
- Professional experience working in a legal or paralegal role, or in a regulatory environment on casework
- The ability to produce high quality documents, reports, and meeting notes with accuracy and attention to detail, and be able to work to deadlines and defined timescales.
- The ability to evaluate complex information
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to act with confidence and diplomacy in dealing with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience of working in a membership organisation or regulatory body would be desirable along with an interest in architects’ professional services.
If you would like to apply for the position, please view the full job description below (found at 'supporting documents') and submit your CV and covering letter using the form below. Additionally, please ensure that you complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form which will be submitted separate from your application
Closing date: Monday 29 August 2022
Interview date: TBC
(Please note that we may close an advert earlier than the date above if an exceptionally high volume of applications is received)
The RIBA aims to be an inclusive employer, committed to developing a varied and mixed workforce where all are encouraged to be themselves. We value applications from all sections of society and welcome requests for flexible working across our organisation.
Registered Charity No. 210566