Be part of the vision; be part of the RIBA.
The RIBA is a global professional membership body, and a cultural organisation, driving excellence in architecture.
Salary: £34,000 - £38,000 per annum (based on location and experience)
Location: London office, hybrid working
Hours: 35 hours per week, full-time permanent
Join our team at the RIBA to support 2 of our Executive Directors.
This is a full-time, permanent role and offers an exciting opportunity for hybrid working, attending our London office 2-3 times each week to support the Executive Directors, attend meetings, engage with colleagues, members and other stakeholders as need be. On the other days there will be the opportunity to work from home.
Why Join us? Our Benefits:
The RIBA offers an amazing employee benefits package which includes (a) a generous pension scheme with employer contributions (up to 12%), (b) life assurance, (c) annual leave of 26.5 days plus bank holidays, paid closure of 3.5 discretionary days between Christmas and New Year and a half-day for Christmas Shopping plus a season ticket loan. For more details on our benefits click here
About the Role
The RIBA is seeking an experienced Personal Assistant with substantial office management experience, supporting our Executive Director of People & Transformation and Executive Director of Communications & Marketing.
To succeed in this busy and varied role, you will provide efficient administrative support and must be exceptionally organised and a completer / finisher. You should have the ability to multi-task and manage your own workload effectively whilst being a team player, possess an excellent level of attention to detail and a thorough, methodical approach to tasks. IT literacy is essential to this role which includes Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Ideally, you will have experience of maintaining records/databases as well as accurate data-entry.
Wondering what we are looking for?
The successful candidate should be able to:
- Perform complex diary management of the two Executive Directors’ – including setting up meetings with a range of stakeholders internal and external, some of which are high profile, challenging and busy, and be the main point of contact
- Liaise with Executive Directors regularly to discuss priorities, handle email correspondence based on its urgency as well as manage their inboxes (external & internal)
- Write emails at an appropriate level on behalf of the Executive Directors and review board papers for accuracy
- Provide administrative support for the RIBA’s Remuneration Committee and work with the Executive Director to help set the agenda, take minutes and track completion of action
- Liaise on behalf of the Executive Directors with key suppliers, stakeholders, internal senior staff and represent them appropriately
- Coordinate with the Executive Directors on a regular basis to ensure nothing slips through the net including sending reminders for meetings
- Experience of working in a demanding Membership Body or Institute with complex Governance protocols is desirable
- Experience of monitoring and administering budgets and perform any other duties as may reasonably be required
If you would like to apply for the position, please view the full job description below (found at 'supporting documents') and submit your CV and covering letter.
Additionally, please ensure that you complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form which will be submitted separate from your application.
Closing date: Tuesday 23 August 2022
Interview date: To be confirmed
(Please note that we may close an advert earlier than the date above if an exceptionally high volume of applications is received)
The RIBA aims to be an inclusive employer, committed to developing a varied and mixed workforce where all are encouraged to be themselves. We value applications from all sections of society and welcome requests for flexible working across our organisation.
Registered Charity No. 210566