Live Events Engineer
Why Join us? Our Benefits:
The RIBA offers an amazing employee benefits package which includes (a) a generous pension scheme with employer contributions (up to 12%), (b) life assurance, (c) annual leave of 26.5 days plus bank holidays, paid closure of 3.5 discretionary days between Christmas and New Year and a half-day for Christmas Shopping plus a season ticket loan. For more details on our benefits click here
Salary: c£30,000 (based on experience)
Location: London, office based role.
Hours: 35 Hours per week (flexible based on events), full-time permanent contract.
About the Role
The role is based within the Technology Directorate and acts as a key supplier for the Venues Department and across RIBA to provide technology support for all events, whether virtual, hybrid or physical AV support. This role requires short notice flexibility regarding its working hours and supporting planned live events in both the evenings and at weekends – where required – to support the achievement of all commercial, revenue driving, event activity within the RIBA’s headquarters at 66 Portland Place, London and/or virtual.
Creativity and innovation is also required, to provide solutions of a hybrid nature, to best take advantage of opportunities for combined physical and virtual networking and event delivery that allows members, the public and staff to enjoy RIBA-held events. You will, by extension, deliver with partners a first-class AV and/or virtual service to support the RIBA’s Venues business plan (including pre-sales to achieve the annual income targets) and continual improvement in the RIBA’s AV capabilities. Plus deliver continued technology support for online events.
Wondering what we’re looking for?
As part of the role, the candidate will:
- Be the main point of contact for an events partner, ensuring they adhere to the contractor regulations, H&S regulations, as well as providing professional and helpful service to ensure the success of the even
- Respond efficiently to enquiries from Venues and other RIBA teams regarding troubleshooting solution issues, and any logistical and administrative queries
- Own and develop the RIBA events and virtual solution Service Catalogue and carry out regular competitor analyses to ensure RIBA partner prices and services are in line with the market and competition
- Support events and virtual systems and, where required, managing partners as necessary
- Source and manage a team of freelance event technicians, ensuring they adhere to RIBA protocol and client expectations.
- Maintain and report on the operational and qualitative status of all live events
- Ensure the RIBA AV Asset register is accurate and up to date, ordering replacements when necessary.
- Create written documents to support Audio Visual systems and processes to ensure business continuity
- Possess multi-disciplinary knowledge and experience of online events, audio, lighting and/or video and wider virtual-based technologies that support live events
If you would like to apply for the position, please view the full job description below (found at 'supporting documents') and submit your CV and covering letter.
Additionally, please ensure that you complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form which will be submitted separate from your application.
Closing date: Wednesday, 10th August 2022
Interview date: To be confirmed
(Please note that we may close an advert earlier than the date above if an exceptionally high volume of applications is received)
The RIBA aims to be an inclusive employer, committed to developing a varied and mixed workforce where all are encouraged to be themselves. We value applications from all sections of society and welcome requests for flexible working across our organisation.
Registered Charity No. 210566