This privately owned housing developer has a new Architectural Designer Job working as part of the in house planning and design team.
Established in 1985, they provide homes that are both sympathetically considered and beautifully built, which has led to respect and trust from Local Authorities and communities across their region, as well as multiple awards.
Due to an increase in the scale of developments they are expanding the in-house design and technical teams and have a role for an Architectural designer to focus on the planning stages of large-scale residential projects. My client will consider Architectural Technicians, Architects and Designers with relevant experience for this role.
Role & Responsibilities
- Produce CAD layouts, house types and other relevant drawings for planning applications
- Provide planning packages for technical information production
- Liaise with other members of the design team to maintain a standard house type, planning, drawing, register for use in planning applications and sale literature
- Assist the planning team to ensure planning permission is obtained to the satisfaction of the company within appropriate time constraints
- Liaise with and advise other departments on design matters
- Provide information as required by the land department to support land bids and presentations
- Attending internal and external meetings.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience in using AutoCAD to a high standard
- Knowledge of UK planning process and requirements
- Up to date knowledge of design standards and building regulation legislation
- Good knowledge of affordable housing standards
- Ability to produce layouts by AutoCAD and hand drawn feasibility sketches
- Able to work on the production of house type portfolios
- Strong communication skills.
What you get back
- £40,000 - £50,000
- Car or car allowance
- Private healthcare
- Contributory pension scheme
- Hybrid working with 1 day home working offered a week.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We'll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we'll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they've successfully completed the probation period.
Architectural Designer Job in Ipswich, Suffolk - Your Architecture Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: John Watson Job Ref: 12883)
Apply for Architectural Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly