Senior Executive Architect
Donegal County Council
Donegal County Council provides a diverse range of services across a large geographic area. These services include the provision of physical and social infrastructure, housing, economic development and enterprise support, tourism development, community development, recreation and amenity services, emergency services and the enforcement of the planning and environmental regulatory framework.
An opportunity now exists in Donegal County Council for the role of Senior Executive Architect.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, and reporting to the Senior Officer, or such other designated person(s) as may be assigned from time to time, the Senior Executive Architect will deliver a programme of architectural work and provide advice to the County Council on architectural matters.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a professional qualification in Architecture that is prescribed under the Building Control Act 2007, or a qualification in Architecture that is equivalent to a qualification so prescribed in section 14 of the Building Control Act 2007 and
- Be eligible for registration as an Architect under the Building Control Act 2007 without requiring further assessment. Any appointment by the employing Local Authority will be subject to registration under the Act;
- Have at least five-years satisfactory relevant experience of architectural work;
- Have experience in the design of buildings, the preparation of sketch plans, working drawings, details and specifications;
- Have knowledge of the principles of Urban Design and planning policy and practice;
- Have a satisfactory knowledge of public service organisation or the ability to acquire such knowledge.
Full details of the requirements are available in the Candidate Information Booklet.
The Public Appointments Service is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and encourage applications under all nine grounds of the Employment Equality Act.
Closing Date: 3pm, Thursday 18th August 2022
For More information and how to apply, visit: https://bit.ly/RIBA_Ad_SenExecArc