Head of Media & Communications
Be part of the vision; be part of the RIBA.
The RIBA is a global professional membership body, and a cultural organisation, driving excellence in architecture.
Salary: c£45000 (based on experience)
Location: 66 Portland Place, London (hybrid - currently two days at the London office)
Hours: 35 hours per week. 9-12 months fixed term contract (maternity cover)
We’re seeking a skilled Head of Media and Communications, with demonstrable experience of devising and managing successful media engagement and corporate communication strategies.
Why Join us? Our Benefits:
The RIBA offers an amazing employee benefits package which includes (a) a generous pension scheme with employer contributions (up to 12%), (b) life assurance, (c) annual leave of 26.5 days plus bank holidays, paid closure of 3.5 discretionary days between Christmas and New Year and a half-day for Christmas Shopping plus a season ticket loan. For more details on our benefits click here
We are operating hybrid working between home and our London office. 2 day per week (on a set day) is to be worked in the office and the second day in the office is more flexible
Wondering what we’re looking for?
In addition to senior level experience of managing and implementing corporate and communications strategies:
- You will be able to demonstrate experience of delivering successful PR campaigns and proactively managing the reputation of an organisation.
- You will have excellent judgment and decision-making skills; experience of stakeholder, agency, and external partnership management; and solid knowledge of the UK media landscape and political system.
- You will be a confident and trusted advisor to our senior leadership, providing briefings, media training, as well as exemplary writing and presentation skills.
- You will be culturally intelligent, committed to supporting our values, and able to forge and foster positive working relationships.
- You would ideally have strong contacts within the national, regional, and professional media – and all the better if they are related to construction, housing and the creative/visual arts.
If you are looking for an opportunity to further develop your senior skills and experience with a highly-regarded organisation – this is the role for you.
If you would like to apply for the position, please view the full job description below (found at 'supporting documents') and submit your CV and covering letter.
Additionally, please ensure that you complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form which will be submitted separate from your application.
Closing date: Sunday, 21 August 2022
Interview date: Friday, 9 September 2022
(Please note that we may close an advert earlier than the date above if an exceptionally high volume of applications is received)
The RIBA aims to be an inclusive employer, committed to developing a varied and mixed workforce where all are encouraged to be themselves. We value applications from all sections of society and welcome requests for flexible working across our organisation.
Registered Charity No. 210566
Apply for Head of Media & Communications
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly