Director or Associate Urban Designer
- Pegasus Group Limited
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
- Commensurate on experience
- Closing date
- 28 Aug 2022
- Job (Function)
- Urban Planning, Associate , Associate director
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We are seeking an experienced Urban Designer to join our Design team in Cambridge. We have the flexibility to consider an Associate or Director role, so whether you are currently at this grade or looking for the next step in your career we would love to hear from you as we seek to recruit the best suited candidate to lead an array of exciting, complex projects and support a team of designers and architects.
As part of a leading UK multi-disciplinary development consultancy, Pegasus Group’s Design works on significant projects across the UK. For more information on the scope of design services and project we offer click here: https://www.pegasusgroup.co.uk/our-expertise/design/
You will be working closely with a team of designers and architects and lead on the preparation of conceptual urban design and planning work, feasibility studies, master planning, development briefs and design strategies for residential, mixed-use schemes and other sectors. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a strong design team and be able to manage your own projects with existing clients and also develop new client relationships.
We are looking for candidates that can demonstrate the following:
- Work in a private practice / consultancy or a commercial housebuilding operation.
- Visioning and masterplanning for large and small sites.
- Work experience in residential layout design with a commercially astute approach
- Producing drawn and written information in support of outline, full and reserved matters planning applications.
- Strong project management skills and experience and be able to lead a team.
- Excellent inter-personal and inter-disciplinary skills.
- Self-motivated with an excellent eye for detail.
- A working knowledge of the planning system with an ability to interpret and adapt to specific local authority design guidance.
- Hold a relevant qualification and have knowledge of CAD software packages, experience in Vectorworks and/or Sketchup would be an advantage.
- Previous line management experience would be advantageous.
Why work for Pegasus Group?
Since 2003, Pegasus Group have grown consistently, enjoying a reputation in the market for excellence and delivery. We know we have achieved this through the excellent staff that we employ and work with you to ensure that individual contribution and achievements are recognised.
We offer an excellent remuneration and overall benefits package including:
- Competitive salary and regular reviews
- Contractual bonus scheme
- 7% salary contribution towards your pension in a reputable scheme
- Generous annual leave including several gift days during the Christmas period.
- Private health insurance scheme and life assurance for all our employees.
- Regular employee events – Social, CPD, networking, conferences etc
- Continued support with employee wellbeing, flexible working, and career development.
- Reward Hub Staff Discounts
- Plus so much more…
Health and wellbeing are important to us. We provide a flexible and supportive working environment designed to help you to reach your full potential and ensure a positive work life balance. We are committed to helping all of our staff to reach their full potential and support with a range of training and development initiatives throughout their whole career, enabling people to progress through Graduate right up to Executive Director.
At Pegasus Group we have no doubt that diversity is at the core of being a successful company. That’s why we are working hard to build and maintain the culture of inclusion and belonging we have today. We want every single person in our community to be able to bring their authentic and best self to work every day.
Our people are all unique in every sense, and we collaborate to generate ideas to create brilliant products and consumer experiences. We care about each other, our communities around them and our clients. That’s why we don’t shy away from celebrating our people by shining a light on their uniqueness. Inclusion is an ever-evolving state and Pegasus are determined to keep making a difference.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your application by clicking ‘apply now’.
Make sure to include a copy of your most up to date CV and cover letter outlining your experience and skill set to date and why you are interested in applying for this role
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert