Part 1 Architectural Assistant Full Time, 12 months
Jane Duncan Architects are currently looking for an enthusiastic Part 1 Architectural Assistant to join our office in Little Chalfont Amersham. We are a small, friendly and design focused practice specialising in high-end residential projects. A tenacious approach to planning for nearly 30 years has given us the experience to advise our clients on obtaining valuable consents for even the most challenging of sites and has provided us with a strong reputation for successful planning negotiations, particularly in the Green Belt, Conservation Areas and on Listed Buildings.
A successful candidate will:
- Be passionate about design, problem solving and collaborative working
- Have excellent skills in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop and Microsoft Office
- Be able to manage their time effectively
- Enjoy sketching and exploring several representational methods of designing
- Hold an Architecture degree with a grade of 2:1 or higher
- Present examples of previous work, academic and/or professional, showcasing a high level of creativity, understanding of technical design and a good work ethic
- Be available to start working with us from September 2022 until August 2023
- Be fluent in written & spoken English and have the right to work in the UK
- Ideally be located within 25 miles of the office
The successful candidate will gain valuable ‘year out’ experience consisting of all stages of work, and will work with a mentor to successfully complete a year’s worth of PEDR. You will be exposed to projects of varying scales, styles and conditions with lots of opportunities to see works on site. Salary dependant on experience, with 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and examples of your work in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 19th August 2022.