Ström Architects is seeking a project architect to join our team in Lymington, UK.
We’re looking to recruit a project architect with the skills, energy and enthusiasm to deliver complex and exciting, one-off houses around the world, with projects in USA, Turkey, Sweden, Turks & Caicos, Czech Republic and UK.
With our Scandinavian heritage and clear Vision, we create unique, modern houses all over the world.
We love what we do, we’re good at it and we deliver it!
Qualities and skills required:
- experience delivering contemporary high-end residential work useful
- have experience and confidence in liaising with clients, contractors and consultant teams
- a strong design portfolio
- documented technical and detailing experience job experience at Stage 4 and onwards (knowledge of UK regs and construction practices)
- ability to work as part of a great team but also individually – must be able to take initiative and be creative
- excellent written and spoken English
- excellent 3D Modelling skills
- proficient in CAD (we use Vectorworks) and Adobe Suite
- attention to detail is essential – in design, but also writing and presentation of work
- experience of Office and Macs useful – but not essential
What we provide:
- training – previous knowledge is great but if not, we’ll bring you up to speed with our in-studio training programme
- flexible working arrangements after the initial induction period – you’ll spend at least 60% of your time in studio
- a studio atmosphere of sharing knowledge, experience, and a passion for design
- review programme to ensure we provide an environment where architects can grow
- opportunities to work across all RIBA stages on projects overseas and in the UK
- becoming part of a growing, fun team
- producing rad projects all over the world based from our office in a stunning location on the south coast (less than 5 mins from the New Forest and sea wall, 15 mins to a beach, 50 mins on train from Winchester and 1hr 50mins from London)
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays and additional paid leave between Christmas and New Year (29 days this year)
- regular office social events (in May we took a 3-day trip to Barcelona to see a completed project and architecture around the city)
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following via the ‘apply for job’ button below:
- an attached cover letter
- a CV
- a PDF portfolio (maximum 10MB) showcasing your work, including images and text (please don’t send links to online portfolios)
Salary commensurate with experience and skillset.
Ström Architects is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Project Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly