As a result of securing a number of exciting residential and commercial projects Sigma Architects, are looking to recruit a suitably qualified Project Architect or Architectural Technician, to join our recently established practice based in Derby.
- Location: Derby
- Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week
We are looking for an ARB registered Project Architect or Experienced Job-Running Architectural Technician with a minimum of 3+ years’ experience. You should have excellent design skills, clear written and verbal communication skills, a proactive attitude, and good problem-solving abilities. We want someone who can become an integral part of the team and can help shape our practice in new and exciting ways as we grow.
Qualifications and Experience
- ARB Registered Architect or CIAT qualified Technician
- 3+ years' post qualification experience
- You must be able to demonstrate strong capabilities and experience across all RIBA Workstages 0-7
- Proven design capability, creativity and problem-solving skills. Strong communication and project management skills
- Experience in the residential or industrial sectors would be beneficial
- Understanding of working on historic buildings
- Experience of working on contemporary new builds
- Understanding of Traditional and Design & Build contracts
- Extensive experience in preparing planning and working drawing construction packages and good knowledge of UK building regulations, planning policy and quality standards
- Good working knowledge of NBS Building or Create software
- All of our projects are delivered in ArchiCAD therefore experience is advantageous but not essential as training would be provided
- Knowledge of BIM protocols
- Full driving license is advantageous
- Management of the day-to-day delivery of projects, working in collaboration with the team.
- Production of planning and construction drawing packages - drawings, schedules and specifications
- Liaising with clients, contractors, consultants, local planning authorities and building control
- Coordinating work by external consultants and internally with the rest of the team
- Working within project teams and independently, where required
- Management of project resources and finances.
- Ensuring CDM requirements are satisfied
- Preparing detailed designs, working drawings and specifications;
- Overseeing projects on site including site inspections
What is on Offer
- The chance to be part of a growing new practice, with an exciting and diverse range of secured projects over multiple sectors
- Full-time permanent position
- Competitive salary commensurate to ability
- Payment of ARB or CIAT registration fees
- Company pension scheme
- 20 days’ annual holiday, plus bank holidays and discretionary Christmas top-up
- Agile working hours
- Flexible home working policy
- Profit-related bonus scheme
- CPD, training and development opportunities
Sigma Architects are committed to equality in the workplace and are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants must have the right to work in the UK at the time of applying. No agencies.
Please send your CV, examples of work and a covering letter detailing your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org Examples of work must include drawings that demonstrate your technical detailing ability and presentation skills.