Architectural Technologist & Architect North London
Detailed Planning is a busy CIAT registered architectural design-led practice in North London with a variety of residential and commercial portfolios of projects within London and across the UK.
We are seeking both an ARB Architect and Architectural Technologist to join our team.
The ideal person should have an Architect or Architectural Technologist qualification and 2-3 years of residential professional experience. We are looking for an individual keen to pursue their professional careers. A positive and proactive ‘can do’ attitude, strong communication skills, great organisational and problem-solving skills are a must.
The successful candidate will assist with the growth of the practice and contribute to expanding their project portfolio. You will be working predominantly on residential properties, along with a number of sectors. You will be responsible for carrying out site visits/measures, the preparation of designs, planning applications, building regulation matters and any contractor's queries.
- Site visits/measures
- Preparing preliminary designs
- Advising/managing their clients
- Liaising with consultants
- Preparing planning applications including preparing statements
- Preparing building regulation drawings
- Speaking with contractors
Qualities and Skills Required
- 2-3 years experience working on UK residential projects
- Must be highly proficient with AutoCAD
- The ability to demonstrate strong technical knowledge and construction detailing
- Solid knowledge of UK building regulations and procurement methods
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills. These are essential for working with internal teams, external clients and consultants
- The ability to carefully analyse problems in order to generate appropriate solutions
- Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake the above responsibilities or more
- Highly proficient use of AutoCAD
- Excellent organisation skills
- Valid UK driving license (preferred)
Salary & Package
The successful candidate salary will be depending on experience.
Please provide your CV with a covering letter and samples of your work (ideally residential projects).
Job Type: Full-time (mon-fri)
Salary: £30,000.00-£38,000.00 per year +Pension (Depending on experience and position)