Urban Designer - Hybrid role
Salary Expectations: £31,000 - £36,000
Penguin Recruitment is delighted to be working with a leading planning and design consultancy that operates nationally. My client is looking to appoint an Urban Designer who demonstrates a passion about the creation of landscape led high quality places to live and work.
The successful candidate will ideally hold a bachelor's in architecture (Part 2 or equivalent) along with a master's in urban design from an accredited university in the UK. The perfect candidate will also have previous experience working on large scale urban design and master planning projects on behalf of national housebuilders and land promoters.
On offer is a competitive salary, a hybrid working role and other appealing company benefits.
Responsibilities for this Urban Designer role:
- Working under the guidance of a Masterplanning Director
- To understand client briefs, timescales and site characteristics and produce design ideas, work collaboratively, and assist the project team in the production of drawings
- Job running for relevant projects
- Produce drawings and models in CAD
- Managing and completing self-workload in line with the resourcing plan and project programme
- Assist in the preparation of bid documents and supporting materials when necessary
- Working on projects varying in scales and context across various RIBA stages, as appropriate
Essential skills and Experience for this Urban Designer role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Urban Design, or a similar discipline
- Completion of RIBA Part 2 (for UK based qualification) and/or master's degree in urban design
- Demonstrate a high level of experience working with CAD software packages including AutoCAD or Vectorworks
- A minimum of two years' experience of working in a UK based industry related practice is desirable