Architect/Part-2 Architectural Assistant/Technologist
Are you passionate about Architecture? Do you thrive on seeing a ‘Build’ come to life? If you are an experienced designer looking for a new role, that is both challenging and thought-provoking - then this is the role for you.
We are looking for a technically-driven Architect or Architectural Technologist with a passion for detail and an ability to bring client visions to life, but we also encourage Part II Architectural Assistants with experience at Stages 4+ to get in touch.
Perhaps you have worked on commercial projects, with experience of internal fit-outs, and are now looking to apply your technical knowledge to modern, contemporary homes. Maybe you have worked in a larger practice and are looking to take more ownership of projects.
The perfect candidate will demonstrate strong design and technical capabilities, with great attention to detail. You will have experience across all RIBA Stages particularly working at RIBA Stages 4-6, and ideally, are passionate about getting stuck into the interior details, with a focus on both quality and precision.
You will demonstrate an ability to follow a project through to completion, be a team player but equally comfortable working autonomously, using your own initiative to meet customer expectations. With a passion and desire to go the extra mile, you will be key in driving the business forward to a successful future.
At Swain Architecture, we are a small RIBA Chartered Practice, that is growing rapidly. A friendly team of eight, based in Long Eaton, committed to getting the job done in a (fun) supportive and collaborative office environment. Our team continues to expand its knowledge of Architecture, working closely and sharing ideas, whilst striving to be the best we can.
What to expect from the role…
You will be given a robust introduction to the company, our processes and work environment.
You will then work on a range of projects across our exciting portfolio; in the first instance you will be working on a number of projects that are going into RIBA Stage 4, ranging from bespoke, one-off extensions and new-build houses, to small scale residential developments .
What we are looking for…
- 3+ years’ experience post-qualification / degree level
- Have experience working across all RIBA stages, in project delivery & running jobs on site
- Great attention to detail
- ArchiCAD proficiency preferred, but training will be provided
- Driven, motivated and able to take ownership of personal development
- Curious to research and develop solutions to architectural problems
- Can deliver an excellent client experience
- Good team player with a supportive and positive nature
- Full driving licence
What can Swain offer…
- Flexible working hours etc…
- 25 days holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Calendar of CPD activities in line with RIBA requirements
- Supportive and collaborative team
- Professional memberships
- Team socials/activities – Summer/Christmas party
- Company bonus scheme
- Professional development is encouraged and supported, with 1-1 mentor support
This position is being offered on a full-time, permanent basis and CVs will be considered for Technically-driven Architects, Part II Architectural Assistants with experience as well as Architectural Technologists.
In this role you will be working alongside our Architects, Senior Architectural Technologist and Junior team members. You will be focusing on projects from Stage 4 onwards.
If this sounds like you, please send your CV, salary expectations and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org