Part II Architectural Assistant/Architect
A long-established RIBA Chartered Practice based in Colchester that operates across a number of different sectors including residential, mixed-use, education, commercial, industrial, masterplanning and health & special care is seeking either 'Part II Architectural Assistant', 'Technician' or 'Senior Architect' to join their team.
You will assist the team in delivering a number of architectural projects across the UK in a variety of different sectors.
Essential & Desirable Skills:
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent design and will be encouraged to contribute their talents in the evolving designs.
- They work in many sectors, so the successful team member will have the opportunity to develop their experience.
- An understanding of design software packages including Revit, Microstation, SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite.
- An understanding of UK Building Regulations and RIBA stage 1-4.
- The preparation of detailed drawings and specifications.
- Experience within the Residential sector
- Experience within Commercial an advantage.
- ARB/RIBA Architect min 5+ years post Part III UK experience
- Contributing towards the strategic growth of the office.
- Identifying and winning business through the existing company contacts & networking events.
- Managing and growing the existing team.
- Experienced in networking and client facing roles.
- Overseeing the successful delivery of projects from inception to completion.
- Good communication skills and comfortably liaising with clients
- A desire to progress your career to Directorship level
- Mentor Part I and Part II Architectural Assistance
- Analyse and create detailed drawings and specifications
- Good knowledge of building regulations and planning applications
- Supervising construction of buildings to ensure projects meet deadlines
- Salary up to £29,000 - £42,000 (DOE)
- Mentoring programme with experienced Architects
- Annual Discretionary Bonus
- Annual Discretionary pay review
- 23 days annual leave exclusive of bank and public holidays
- Bonus day for your birthday
- All professional subscriptions paid following successful completion of probationary period
- Hybrid working pattern (3 days office, 2 days home) and flexible hours (core hours 10am-4pm)
- Using our digital HR software platform, you will have access to a rewards feature called ‘Perks at Work’ which offers discounts on cinema tickets, theme park tickets, travel arrangements, mobile phone contracts, retail stores and more.