Design Storey is a young and ambitious practice based in the centre of vibrant Cheltenham. We enjoy diverse and interesting design challenges and work on a range of buildings from private houses through to small commercial projects.
We can offer the right person good experience, interesting architecture and the beautiful surroundings of the Montpelier area of Cheltenham. Our bright open-plan studio ensures everyone in the team has an opportunity to be involved in all stages and aspects of an architectural practice in a supportive learning environment.
Part II Architectural Assistant
We are looking for a Part II to join our enthusiastic & friendly team based in Cheltenham. We are a small & dynamic team, focusing on high-end projects, delivering a bespoke service to our clients. We provide an ideal environment for a Part II to gain the experience required to complete their qualification or for a recently qualified architect to take the next step in taking responsibility for the delivery of projects in a supportive environment. With the direction and support of your colleagues, you will develop designs, produce documentation, and follow projects through all stages.
You will have excellent design, 3d and graphic skills are required, together with an eye for detail and good written and verbal communication skills. This is a genuine opportunity for a driven individual to join our expanding practice.
- Creative and technical design at all stages from conception to realisation (3D, 2D and hand-drawings)
- Preparing, developing and editing, drawings, 3d models, images and other documents relating to the design
- Producing and taking responsibility for planning applications and detailed tender packages for multiple and sometimes complex projects
- Coordinating with and reviewing information from the wider design team e.g. external consultants
- Attending on-site meetings and managing queries as required
- The ability to take the initiative and a strong sense of responsibility
- Good communication skills, fluency in English
- A minimum of one years’ work experience and a passion for domestic architecture
- Excellent design and presentation abilities
- The ability to use a variety of media and be proficient in 2D and 3D technical skills including: AutoCAD, Sketchup, Photoshop and In-Design
- Have excellent creative design capabilities, demonstrated by a design portfolio
- Be proactive, work efficiently and systematically with the design team within an energetic environment to meet project demands and deadlines
- Be legally able to work in the UK
Remuneration commensurate with skills and experience and in line with RIBA salary guide.
Design Storey is an RIBA Chartered Practice and an equal opportunities employer.
If you’re interested in this position, please submit a covering letter and small portfolio of work in addition to your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your specific experience, and telling us why you believe you are the right candidate for this role.