Aura Architecture is looking for a qualified Part III Technical Architect or Architectural Technician/Technologist with SME Property Development Experience, to join its team in London.
Qualified Part III (5yrs + PQE) Technical Architect or Architectural Technician/ Technologist with SME Property Development Experience
Have a real impact on how an ambitious and dynamic design company operates. We are looking for a talented Technical Part III Architect or Architectural Technician/Technologist to help maximise Gross Development Value (GDV) and profitability for forward thinking property developers in London and the Home Counties.
Aura Architecture are an award-winning architecture studio with a mission to create ideal homes. We specialise in high-end extensions, house transformations, bespoke new-build houses, conversions, but have an ever growing need to design small scale property developments for our clients from £250k contracts to circa. £3m.
We seek to create sustainable, innovative, valuable and positive architecture that improves lives and enhances each and every development.
Our clients tell us that they value our professional, collaborative, friendly and creative approach to projects and that our team is great to work with.
The chosen candidate will be leading the charge with our property developer client base, providing site feasibilities, constraint plans, space planning and massing studies to drive GDV and then creating the most robust planning strategy to achieve planning approval. An experienced technical background is crucial to then develop the designs from RIBA stage 3 to delivery on site.
This is also a fantastic opportunity to develop into a senior level position within the business and oversee junior staff focusing on SME property developments.
We operate a hybrid working culture with time in the office, on site, and working from home.
Key Skills Requirement:
- RIBA Part 3 qualified or CIAT qualified with 5-plus years' PQE (post qualification experience)
- Excellent residential experience in SME property developments is a must
- Experience of working on developments up to 30 units in size
- Demonstrable experience of taking projects through all RIBA stages
- Strong technical, graphic and 3D modelling skills, full proficiency in AutoCAD and REVIT are essential, with Photoshop/InDesign and SketchUp skills being beneficial.
- Experience of running design and technical reviews
- Strong commercial acumen to understand profitability for our developer clients
- Excellent understanding of current UK planning and building regulations
- Strong client-facing/client acquisition skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan and strong organisational skills
- Proactive and driven individual
- Demonstrable strong technical design ability
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple projects
- The ability to communicate effectively with Clients, Consultants, Trades etc
As well as working in a great place offering a good work-life balance with flexible working, you’ll enjoy benefits including competitive remuneration, plus commission for new jobs brought to the company.
Salary starting at £40k plus a commission-based bonus scheme and Pension
Permanent: Full Time
Location: Hybrid working - main office in Clapham, London
How to apply
Applications can be made by sending a covering letter, your CV and Portfolio/ examples of your work via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on 29th July 2022.
Aura Homes Ltd is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.