Be part of the vision; be part of the RIBA.
The RIBA is a global professional membership body, and a cultural organisation, driving excellence in architecture.
Salary: c£23,000 per annum (pro rata)
Location: Remote / Hybrid – occasional visits to London for meetings
Hours: 21 hours per week split over 3 days, permanent role
Join the governance team at RIBA to support our new committee structure.
We have two part-time roles on offer which will both report into the Director of Governance & Legal Affairs and who will, between them, provide a full secretariat support to the following committees:
- Audit & Risk Committee (standing committee, reporting to Board and Council)
- Cultural Knowledge & Outreach Committee (Board committee) – with sub-committees and panels
- Education Committee (Board committee) – with sub-committees and panels
- Membership Committee (Board committee) – with sub-committees and panels
- Nations & Regions Council Committee (Council committee)
- Nominations Committee (standing committee of Council)
- Remuneration Committee (standing committee of Board)
- Practice & Policy Committee (Board committee) – with sub-committees and panels
- Standards Committee (standing committee of Council)
The successful candidates will be the primary point of contact for all committee business and will work with the Director of Governance & Legal Affairs, the Board & Council Secretary, the Honorary Secretary, Committee Chairs and others to ensure the smooth running of all committee business across the RIBA.
The successful candidates must have;
- Significant amount of relevant work experience, including providing secretariat support at either committee or board level.
- An understanding of charity governance and of working with volunteers would be preferred. For some committees it would be helpful if the committee secretary has an interest in the built environment and the architectural profession.
- Experience of using Convene or similar board portals would be beneficial. Both candidates will need to be highly effective at managing relationships with high profile stakeholders
The RIBA offers employees a range of staff benefits including 26.5 days of annual leave + half-day for Christmas shopping, paid closure between Christmas & New Year, season ticket loan and generous pension scheme. For more details on our benefits click here
If you would like to apply for the position, please view the full job description below (found at 'supporting documents') and submit your CV and covering letter using the form below. Additionally, please ensure that you complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form which will be submitted separate from your application.
Closing date: Thursday 30 June 2022
Interview date: w/c Monday 11 July 2022
(Please note that we may close an advert earlier than the date above if an exceptionally high volume of applications is received)
The RIBA aims to be an inclusive employer, committed to developing a varied and mixed workforce where all are encouraged to be themselves. We value applications from all sections of society and welcome requests for flexible working across our organisation.
Registered Charity No. 210566