- BPG Architects + Surveyors
- Dorking, Surrey
- Commensurate on experience
- Closing date
- 16 Aug 2022
BPG Architects + Surveyors are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic part II, to join our busy team of Architects and Surveyors in our central Dorking office.
We are looking for a driven team player who has strong knowledge of UK building regulations, good technical design skills and familiarity with the planning process. Previous experience in the daily running of projects will be advantageous coupled with the ability to manage workloads to meet key milestones of project programmes. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and be able to prioritise tasks and site queries as required.
Good knowledge of Revit is essential (knowledge of other Autodesk products and the BIM process is also an advantage). This role is best suited to independent workers of a resourceful nature who are punctual and happy to assist their colleagues. The ideal candidate will be capable of checking their own work and willing to adapt to our in house processes and naming conventions. Interest in sustainability and innovative design is a plus as the role will offer an excellent opportunity to learn about the industry developments from our experienced sustainability champion.
- Relevant RIBA Part II certified qualification
- Excellent command of English, both written and spoken.
- Experience within the residential, educational and commercial sectors would be beneficial.
- Excellent 3D digital modelling skills are a must, experience of Autodesk suite software such as Revit is essential.
- Good understanding of planning and UK building regulations. Willingness to learn, work hard and be flexible.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Must be UK resident and able to commute safely to and from our office in Dorking, Surrey and building sites in your own vehicle or on public transport.
- Enthusiastic about sustainable design.
- Experience of running projects extremely beneficial.
Our office is located in the historic Old Kings Head Court which dates from the 16th Century and is located in the heart of Dorking town centre.
Our characterful office provides a conducive working environment, with Dorking’s town centre and three railway stations all within a 15 minute walk.
We have a diverse workload of new build projects, cladding remedial works and refurbishment projects with construction values of £1m-£20million primarily consisting of residential developments with an interest in sustainability. As a practice we are signatories of the Architects declare movement and intend to embrace the RIBA 2030 challenge to achieve net zero carbon emissions in our design approach.
Should your application be successful proof of relevant qualifications must be available on request. To find out more please visit our website: www.bpg.co.uk
BPG is an equal opportunities employer.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert