We are currently working with an AJ100 practice that is seeking an Associate Architect to take a lead role in the running of its Manchester office. This role would suit an Architect with conservation experience and a business development track record.
Our client was founded in the 1940's and has grown to over 250 people across 11 UK offices. In this time, they have established themselves as an industry leader in planning advice, heritage consultancy, building surveying, conservation and contemporary architecture. Working with public bodies, charities, trusts, private companies, contractors, developers and individuals, this practice has been involved in the care and development of some of the best-loved buildings and places in the UK and abroad. The practice provides sensitive restoration and repair schemes and modern design in historic contexts. Their bold and contemporary designs are spread across a variety of sectors including cultural, master planning, education, ecclesiastical, public, hospitality, residential and many more.
Role & Responsibilities
- Contribute to winning and leading an exciting range of bespoke architectural projects
- Developing and securing of work
- Manage projects from conception through to delivery including high profile conservation projects
- Liaise regularly with clients and external consultants
- Developing relationships with clients
- Enthuse and inspire your team offering support in their career development.
Required Skills & Experience
- Possess a minimum of 10 years post qualification experience
- Experience in the management of a team or business
- Track record of business development including bidding experience
- Have experience across running projects across all RIBA stages
- Experience of working on conservation projects is essential
- AABC or RIBA SCA/CA accreditation would be highly beneficial
- Confident working directly with clients
- Ability in using Revit /BIM is beneficial
- Experience in team management.
What you get back
- Highly competitive salary fully dependent on level of experience
- Full time and permanent vacancy
- 25 days annual leave, increasing up to 30 days with service
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Eye care vouchers
- Optional healthcare cashback
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We'll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we'll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they've successfully completed the probation period.
Associate Architect, Manchester - Your Architecture Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: John Watson Job Ref: 12037)