Architect/ Project Architect
MAP is a young, forward-thinking architectural practice based in east London, Bethnal Green that works on a range of projects for living, working and learning. We want our work to improve quality of life for the people we work with and to help conserve our environment for future generations to enjoy.
MAP began with two friends, Rob Mawson and Matthew Parker, working on a self-funded voluntary project. We have since grown into a diverse team of 10 people with a range of experience and expertise. We are currently working on a variety of projects from small-scale residential extensions to high-end eco homes and mixed-use developments which often involve listed buildings and heritage assets. We are also committed to questioning our response to complex social and environmental issues, such as the climate emergency and the widening inequalities within the UK housing market.
We are looking for an ARB registered Architect/ Project Architect with a minimum of 5+ years’ working experience post part 3 qualification. You should have excellent design skills, clear written and verbal communication skills, a proactive attitude, and good problem-solving abilities. We expect you to bring enthusiasm, ambition, and a passion for environmental low carbon design. We want someone who can become an integral part of the team and can help shape our practice in new and exciting ways.
- Overseeing and leading projects through all work stages from concept designs, planning applications, technical development, and on-site delivery.
- Management and coordination of a wider design and consultant team.
- Engaging with clients, both individuals and larger professional organisations.
- Leading internal and external programming to ensure deadlines are met.
- Management of project resources and finances.
Skills and experience:
- Creative individual with excellent design skills and comprehensive problem-solving abilities.
- Extensive experience with technical / site projects (RIBA Work Stage 4, 5 and 6) on small and medium scale projects.
- Good experience of technical detailing and specification writing.
- Experience in the development of concept designs and delivery of complex planning applications.
- Good working knowledge of Revit and NBS Building or Create software.
- Environmental knowledge in relation to embodied carbon, ecology impact and energy use / heat loss. Ideally would also have experience of environmental / zero carbon / Passivhaus (PHPP) software.
- In depth and comprehensive understanding of UK Building Regulations.
We take a holistic approach to health and wellbeing and offer a number of perks, including extra holidays for the Christmas period, wellbeing benefits, regular CPD and training opportunities, pension scheme etc.
The application deadline is 24th June 2022, but we will review applicants continuously, so please apply at your earliest convenience. We would love for the new team member to start in July 2022. If you're interested in working with us, please send us your CV and portfolio along with a short cover letter outlining why you’d like to be part of MAP Architecture.
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all backgrounds and minority groups. All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Phone: 0207 096 5007