Architect or pre-Part 3 Architectural Assistant
PTP Architects London is looking for an excellent Architect or pre-Part 3 Architectural Assistant with a minimum of 5-years relevant UK-based experience, to run projects from conception to completion.
We are a RIBA chartered and award-winning practice based in Holland Park, west London. We specialise in high-end residential refurbishment projects for discerning private clients, many of which are Listed Buildings. Most projects involve the extensive refurbishment of Georgian or Victorian townhouses in London’s most prestigious boroughs, behind retained facades, and often with large subterranean or other engineering elements. Projects range from £500,000 to £30+ million.
See our website www.ptp-architects.com for examples of our projects
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate will demonstrate job-running skills through all RIBA Work Stages, including:
- Client-facing experience
- A direct working knowledge of UK planning, building control and design standards
- Strong technical design and specification skills, with an eye and experience for highly bespoke details
- Experience in works to heritage buildings is an advantage but not essential
- Experience in co-ordinating consultants
- Experience with contractors and works on site
- Experience in contract administration is an advantage but not essential
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, in drawing, writing, on-screen and in-person
- The ability to problem-solve through research and self-learning
- A proficiency in the tools of the trade. Experience in ArchiCAD is an advantage but not essential
We are looking for the right candidate to start within a month of agreeing terms. This is a full-time office-based position. Office hours are 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday.
PTP Architects London can offer:
- Competitive salary commensurate to ability
- Pension scheme
- 20 days’ annual holiday, increasing annually
- Payment of ARB fees
- Office within walking distance of Notting Hill, Holland Park and Westfield White City
- Unrivalled hands-on experience and responsibility to personally develop your knowledge and skills as an Architect
How to Apply
Please send your CV, examples of work and a covering letter detailing your relevant experience to email@example.com. Examples of work must include drawings that demonstrate your technical detailing ability and presentation skills.