We are looking for an Architect with a minimum of 5 years experience or an experienced Architectural Technologist, ideally across a range of listed and contemporary buildings.
We are an established London-based practice, with a growing portfolio of work across a diverse range of sectors, often conservation-led, with a team of hands-on Partners and skilled Architects. This role requires taking responsibility for projects from start to finish, including preparing drawings and specifications, working collaboratively with a Partner. For some projects, you will be required to liaise directly with clients, consultants and contractors; on others, you will work collaboratively in an in-house team.
• Working on numerous projects from inception to completion RIBA stages 0-7
• Preparing designs and submission for planning approval, listed building consent
• Ensuring CDM requirements are satisfied
• Preparing detailed designs, working drawings and specifications;
• Overseeing projects on site including site inspections
• Up to date knowledge of the latest statutory building regulations
• Ensure the running of the project is kept within the financial goal and deadlines
• Working alone and within small teams as projects require
• Reporting to the Partners on project progress
• Some projects are outside of London and will require travel.
Required Skills & Experience for Architect/ Architectural Technologist
• Part III Qualified, ARB registered, Architect OR
• An experienced Part II, with a minimum of 5 years UK experience
• A CIAT qualification, or a university degree in Architectural Technology or equivalent
• A minimum of 5 years’ UK work experience in a building design capacity, including extensive experience of production information on a range of projects
• Understanding of working on historic buildings
• Experience of working on contemporary buildings/ new builds/ design and build projects
• Experience of working through a variety of RIBA stages
• Able to demonstrate a practical approach and experience of construction detailing
• Knowledge of UK Building Regulations
• Good working knowledge of Vectorworks would be advantageous
• applicant must be based in the UK and be able to show evidence of eligibility to work in the UK
• a driving license is advantageous
Our office is located inside the vibrant Grade I listed Union Chapel, very close to Highbury & Islington tube station. We are a family friendly practice and are fully set up for remote working and can discuss flexible working hours if this is suitable.
We regret that due to the number of applications we will only be able to contact shortlisted candidates.
No agencies please.