We are a creative architectural practice passionate about sustainable architecture located in Flitcham in west Norfolk.
As the demand for our expertise continues to grow, we now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and driven Architect to join our team, working towards progression to Associate level, working alongside the practice Director in managing our projects, and with influence over the direction of the practice, helping to continue the growth of our brand and reputation. This role might suit an architect with experience in practice who is looking for a little more flexibility, and the opportunity to be part of a small and friendly team.
The right candidate must ensure the highest design quality throughout all projects and be aligned with the ethos of our practice. They must be able to work efficiently & diligently to meet deadlines whilst maintaining a strong attention to detail and high standards of work as they deliver and be accountable for end-to-end solutions as principal architect, accountable throughout all stages of the lifecycle of their projects.
Their talent, creativity and excellent communication skills will create wide scope for growth of the business through development of visible branding in our marketplace.
Required Skills & Experience
- RIBA Part 3 qualified
- Possess a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience
- Vectorworks experience in 2D and/or 3D is desirable
- Experience in working on and running residential projects
- Track record of working across all project stages from concept to completion.
- Proven track record in residential concept design, from small extensions to one-off houses
- Excellent 3D design capabilities, able to present design solutions through various 3D mediums
- Ability to express ideas effectively, orally, graphically and in writing
- Experience in preparing and presenting feasibility reports and design proposals
- Knowledge of UK best practice standards and Building Regulations; strong technical design and detailing skills
- Demonstrable understanding of issues surrounding sustainable design
- Leadership skills - the ability to lead a team, manage projects, lead on project meetings and work directly with clients
- Ability to communicate via social media, development of visible branding and public speaking creating awareness of the practice
- Experience of creating growth for the practice Experience of support in wider areas of the business.
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects, working within time and budgetary constraints
- UK Drivers licence and own transport
What you can expect
We’re looking to pay a great compensation package to the right candidate but at the same time we believe a great work-life balance is important, so flexi hours and potential for a personalised flexible home working set up will be part of package, although presence in the office for at least two days a week will be required.
The successful individual can expect as a minimum:
- £36,000 - £48,000 (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible working opportunities
- Employer contribution Pension
- RIBA Professional membership subscription
- Ongoing training opportunities