Purcell is an award-winning architectural and heritage consultancy practice with a strong commitment to quality. We have staff of approximately 250 talented architects, designers, heritage consultants and surveyors across 14 offices in the UK, Hong Kong and Australia. Together, we work on some of the finest buildings from meticulous heritage and conservation schemes to bold contemporary design.
Purcell are expanding our team and are looking for an Architect at Associate level to join our Oxford studio to contribute to winning and leading an exciting range of large-scale high profile design and conservation projects across a range of sectors including public buildings, cultural heritage assets, high end residential and commercial projects. This role offers the opportunity to be involved in business development and work winning, studio leadership and management, project leadership at concept and delivery stages, working collaboratively with clients and consultants, and leading enthusiastic and talented teams within the studio. We offer a rewarding and supportive environment for personal and professional development. This is an excellent opportunity to join our team and contribute to our award winning portfolio of projects, and we are keen to talk to architects with excellent design and presentation skills as well as enthusiasm for high quality work, and with experience in working with historic and listed buildings.
Our benefits include agile working (3 days in office, 2 WFH), flexible working with core hours of 10am-4pm, a bonus scheme and many more benefits, including bike2work scheme. We provide a strong culture of growth with many opportunities for training and development.
We are looking for candidates who have the following skills:
- 10 years’ experience post RIBA Part 3 qualification
- Leadership experience managing a small to medium sized studio, business or team
- Demonstrate excellent client-facing communication skills
- Strong commercial awareness with direct experience of taking responsibility for the financial success of projects
- Strong experience in business development and work winning, including bidding experience
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Have excellent design, technical and conservation skills and experience
- Have a strong understanding of the UK Building and Planning regulations
- Proven experience working on all RIBA stages
- AABC or RIBA SCA/ CA accreditation desirable
- Proficiency in BIM/ Revit an advantage
- Project management experience
- Be well organised, proactive and enthusiastic approach to work and projects
This job description is a guide to the duties the post holder will be expected to undertake. It is not intended to be exhaustive or exclusive and will be subject to change as working requirements dictate and to meet the organisational requirements of Purcell.