Foster + Partners is the world’s leading architectural and design practice investing in people, innovation and research with sustainability at its core.
Foster + Partners has opportunities at all levels for Ukrainian Architects and Architectural Technologists to join the London Battersea studio to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world, underpinned by a unique approach to innovation, research and sustainability
We are seeking to sponsor Ukrainian Architects and Technologists currently in Ukraine or displaced elsewhere due to the current conflict and wishing to relocate to London to work at our studio for a minimum of 12 months. Free accommodation will be provided.
We are looking for experienced Architectural Technologists to join our Studios to assist on projects. Excellent Revit skills and experience in a similar position is essential. Applications must include a portfolio showing examples of your work.
Job Title: Architectural Technologist
Reporting to: Project Leader of the current project on a day-to-day basis and ultimately to the Senior Partner
• Prepare, develop, and edit, under the guidance of the project leader or nominated architect, drawings, models, images, and other documents relating to the design
• Seek to understand the design project
• Work closely with the project teams to develop technical strategies and solutions to support the project design intent
• Review projects and packages of design information to identify issues and opportunities, promoting best practice technical detailing to maximise performance. Support the project team to develop robust detailing and the development of a fully coordinated design solutions
• Have a sound knowledge of international technical standards and work with the team to develop complaint solutions
• Produce and maintain efficient, well-structured coordinated Revit models, content, data, drawings, and related documentation that comply with Foster + Partner’s standards, methods, and procedures to facilitate delivery of consistent high quality project deliverables
• Working closely with BIM & Design Systems team while assisting architects to be most efficient and productive in Revit and associated software
• Contribute, or otherwise assist, as required by the Partner, Senior Partner or nominated Architect
Qualities and skills required
• Able to demonstrate ability to undertake the above responsibilities
• Legally able to work in the country in which the position is based
• Relevant experience within an architectural/technical practice
• Experience in using Revit in various design phases on medium to large projects
• Excellent technical and detailing skills in Revit
• Thorough practical knowledge of construction methods, proven track record in delivering projects to a high technical standard across various project sectors
• Ability to review and quality check coordinated working drawing packages
• Support innovation and the development of bespoke progressive solutions
• Ability to work on your own or as part of a team
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as your role will require you to liaise with team members, clients, contractors, and consultants daily.
• A degree in architecture or architectural technology
• A flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working and commitment to independent, lifelong learning
• Excellent organisational skills
• Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
• Self-motivated and able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks and in response to direction or instruction
• Good interpersonal skills and able to work independently and as part of an effective team, assisting and supporting team members
• Able to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally
• Resilient to cope with conflicting demands, able to prioritise duties and work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently and effectively budget
• Evidence of the ability to understand design decisions taken by others
• Ability to use some of the following: PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer
This description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be
all-inclusive and other duties within the group/department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the post holder to recognise this and adopt a flexible approach
to work. Job descriptions will be reviewed regularly and where necessary revised in accordance with organisational needs. Any major changes will be discussed with the post holder.