Architectural Assistant (Part I or Equivalent)
Foster + Partners is the world’s leading architectural and design practice investing in people, innovation and research with sustainability at its core.
Foster + Partners has opportunities at all levels for Ukrainian Architects and Architectural Technologists to join the London Battersea studio to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world, underpinned by a unique approach to innovation, research and sustainability
We are seeking to sponsor Ukrainian Architects and Technologists currently in Ukraine or displaced elsewhere due to the current conflict and wishing to relocate to London to work at our studio for a minimum of 12 months. Free accommodation will be provided.
We believe the best architecture comes from a synthesis of all the elements that separately comprise and inform the character of a building: the structure that holds it up; the services that allow it to function; its ecology; the quality of natural light; the symbolism of the form; the relationship of the building to the skyline or the streetscape; the way you move through or around it; and last but not least its ability to lift the spirits
Job Title: Architectural Assistant (Part I or Equivalent)
Reporting to: Project Leader of the current project on a day to day basis and ultimately to the Senior Partner
● Prepare, develop and edit, under the guidance of the project leader or nominated architect, drawings, models, images and other documents relating to the design
● Seek to understand the design project
● Develop, where required, representations of design options for further discussion by the design team
● Record evidence of your professional experience in accordance with the requirements of the RIBA (or equivalent as applicable e.g. AIA)
● Thorough knowledge of and compliance with Foster + Partners procedures and standards
● Contribute, or otherwise assist, as required by the Partner, Senior Partner or nominated Architect
Qualities and skills required
● Evidence of a good design understanding e.g. a good design portfolio
● Ability to use a variety of media in the development and documentation of a design project
● A flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working and commitment to independent, life long learning
● Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
● Self motivated and able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks and in response to direction or instruction
● Good interpersonal skills and able to work independently and as part of an effective team, assisting and supporting team members
● Resilient to cope with conflicting demands, able to prioritise duties and work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently and effectively budget
● Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake the above responsibility.
● Evidence of the ability to understand design decisions taken by others
● Must be able to use Revit software
● Excellent organisational skills.
● Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
● Flexible attitude
● Able to build good relationship at all levels, internally and externally.
● Legally able to work in the country in which the position is based.
● Ability to use some of the following: PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer
This description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be
all-inclusive and other duties within the group/department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the post holder to recognise this and adopt a flexible approach
to work. Job descriptions will be reviewed regularly and where necessary revised
in accordance with organisational needs. Any major changes will be discussed with the post holder.
Apply for Architectural Assistant (Part I or Equivalent)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly