SENIOR PROJECT ARCHITECTS / PART 2’s / PART 1’s
Location: London Studio, UK
Desired starting date: September 2021
ODOS currently have a number of positions open in our London studio for Senior Project Architects, Part 2’s and Part 1’s. We are looking for talented and experienced architects to join our growing office to collaborate on a number of exciting new projects.
Location: London Studio
With an expanding international clientele, it’s exciting times for ODOS and we are looking for some special people to join an experienced, creative office to lead the overall design and delivery of exciting, luxury, contemporary and often unconventional projects from inception through to development and construction. We are looking for individuals who are creative and inspiring and who enjoys design, showing initiative and leadership. Considered applicants must have a high level of experience and expertise in directing multiple project teams. Candidates are offered a creative working environment with room for professional growth. Immediate start based in the London Studio. Attractive salary package for the right individual.
As a Team Leader and key member of the practice, you will work very closely with the Design Director in the overseeing of Designers, Architects and Project Managers while often presenting to consultants and, of course, clients. You will work in a highly design focused environment and have the opportunity to be involved in the evolution of developments both here and abroad. The role will involve travel for projects abroad.
- Lead the client interface, design and detail design of multiple projects
- Direct multiple project teams in design, development and delivery
- Guide and manage members of the team and their output
- Work collaboratively with technical consultants, project managers, engineers and other stakeholders
- Develop and oversee the production of 2D and 3D drawings for internal and client presentations
- Manage the production of feasibility studies including the space planning and layouts of public and private areas in line with client and regulatory requirements
- Drive the conceptual design of both urban and rural schemes at all scales, articulating the justification of their form while demonstrating their functionality and cost-efficiency
You should be:
- A creative problem solver
- Extremely talented in the design and management of architectural projects with a mixed portfolio of work across different sectors
- Able to demonstrate exceptional levels of design ability and be able to sketch ideas to a high level
- Highly enthusiastic about cutting-edge design and have a ‘design-led’ approach when making decisions
- Experienced in high end projects with fine details is advantageous
- Able to articulate your ideas with hand drawings and 3D and/or physical modelling
- Experienced in detail design, documentation and procurement
- Proactive and energetic
You should have:
- 2 - 5+ years Part 3 qualified working as an Architect on the RIBA/RIAI Register of Architects / person eligible to seek registration as an architect without further assessment with site experience on medium to large scale developments
- Excellent knowledge / experience of Contract Administration and Building Regulations
- Great organisational skills
- An ability to multi task and manage projects at various work stages
- Strong communication skills and be confident facing clients and contractors
- Proven experience designing and delivering built projects
- Proficiency of working with Vectorworks, SketchUP, Revit and Adobe Suite are essential
- Full Driver's License
Experienced Part II Architect Graduate’s
Location: London Studio
As a Senior team member you will be responsible for the overall development and implementation of a variety of architectural projects of varying scales in a highly design focused environment. You will have the opportunity to be involved in exciting developments both here and abroad. The role will involve travel for projects abroad. Immediate start based in our London Studio. Attractive Salary package for the right candidate.
- High level of experience in Commercial and Residential Sectors
- Design Skills and ability to sketch and communicate ideas three dimensionally
- Excellent Detailing capabilities and knowledge of building materials / building specifications
- Project Management and Contract knowledge / experience
- Team leader
- Project Planning
- Budget management
- Schedule Management
- Part II Qualified
- Vectorworks and Revit is essential
- This ideal candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Part II qualification essential with excellent knowledge of all types of Building Contracts
- Candidates must demonstrate exceptional levels of design ability and be able to sketch ideas to a high level
- An ability to multi task and manage projects at various work stages is required
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate excellent job running, project and contract administration experience
- Possess strong communication, management and presentation skills at Senior Level, along with strong graphical skills.
- Candidates should demonstrate excellent design abilities and be well versed on best practice in both residential and commercial fields
- It is fundamental that candidates be able to demonstrate a full working knowledge of all relevant 3D software packages including indesign, photoshop, vectorworks, Revit and sketch up
- A Full and working knowledge of all relevant UK Building and Planning Regulations
Part 1 Architectural Assistant
Location: London Studio
We have an immediate vacancy for a Part 1 Architectural Assistant’s to work in our London Studio on significant cultural, commercial, hospitality and residential projects.
- Ideally the candidate will have working knowledge of software packages to include Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Vectorworks, Revit and Sketchup is essential.
- Participate in the architectural design process and develop alternative solutions and presentation graphics used to communicate concepts to clients
- Assist team to develop project specifications
- Opportunity to work in a design focused environment
- Participate in the review of drawing submittals
- Effective team communications and ad hoc duties as may be assigned
- Minimum of 3 months’ experience in a previous Architectural Practice is desirable but not essential.
How to apply:
Please apply marking your application LONDON and for the position you are applying for at: email@example.com with your CV/Resume, samples and cover letter to state why you are interested in this role. Please make sure the portfolio you have submitted is a true reflection of your experience and skills as we value greatly how you curate your own work.
ODOS have a number of studios that bring together craft, design, architecture, and strategic thinking together in a single workspace. We are a vibrant practice focused on innovation, collaboration and vision, constantly questioning the boundary of what is possible