KAST Architects is looking for an exceptional Part-III qualified architect with up to 5 years post qualification experience to join its practice in Truro, Cornwall.
We are looking for a talented and ambitious designer with strong technical, detailing and job running skills and a diligent work ethic to join our studio to work on a growing portfolio of one-off private houses, cultural buildings and education projects in the South West of England. We are a small but growing practice, so the role will be varied and will cross all RIBA work stages.
The ideal candidate should have the following skills and experience:
- a strong design portfolio demonstrating excellent detail and technical knowledge;
- a proven job-runner with on-site experience;
- excellent written and spoken English and an ability to communicate with clients, consultants and contractors;
- ability to contribute as part of a team but also be proactive and work individually;
- a dedication to low environmental impact architecture;
- excellent presentation skills with a keen eye for visual quality;
- ability to work to a varying workload and tight deadlines;
- be passionate about architecture and design, with a desire to learn and to progress in a supportive environment;
- excellent computer draughting and 3D modelling skills (Vectorworks, BIM, SketchUp, Photoshop and V-Ray skills will be a bonus);
- full UK/EU driving license;
- must like dogs.
The position will be studio based in Cornwall.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- a brief summary in the email of the position you are applying for, and why you would like to work with us;
- an attached letter outlining your experience, ambitions and availability;
- a CV;
- a PDF portfolio of maximum of 10MB showcasing your work, including images and text.
KAST Architects is an equal opportunities employer and a B Corp UK certified practice. Applications will be assessed on merit and we strongly encourage applications from underrepresented minority groups. The practice puts the wellbeing of its staff first, with an emphasis on work / life balance, flexible working hours to suit personal needs, a 9-day working fortnight and financial backing to support personal professional development.
Salary will be aligned with the RIBA Salary Guide for practice size, region and experience, and will lie within the range of £30,000 - £34,000 plus bonuses and pension.
The deadline for submissions is Friday 20th May, with interviews in early June. We are hoping for a start as soon as is practical thereafter, although flexibility may be possible for the right applicant.
Apply for Architect, Cornwall
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly