Conservation Architect Job in Chiswick, London
An opportunity for a Conservation Architect or Heritage Consultant to join a specialist heritage and conservation practice with a long-standing reputation for their work!
With a team of 16, the practice embraces a philosophy based on the SPAB principles of conservation and repair. Established in the 1940s, they have worked on a wide range of historic buildings and conservation areas, which include residential property, marketplaces, public monuments, and places of worship amongst others.
Success has seen the practice open three offices and develop a team of specialist professionals and build a strong network of external consultants, and they are now looking to strengthen the London team further by adding a Conservation Architect or Heritage Consultant.
Role & Responsibilities
- Guiding and mentoring junior staff and helping with the day to day running of the practice
- Lead the preparation and development of drawn and written documentation
- Attend client meetings in London
- Oversee sensitive and complex projects from inception through to completion
- Take on responsibility for negotiating fees and contracts on business coming into the practice
- Share historical expertise and knowledge within the team.
Required Skills & Experience
- RIBA Part III qualified or equivalent or relevant historic degree in construction
- A minimum of 5 years' experience post qualification working on UK conservation and historic building projects
- Demonstrate a good eye for historic design, with a thorough understanding of contractual procedures
- Experience in historical report writing and technical knowledge
- Experience working on restoration works on listed buildings
- AutoCAD and Photoshop proficient
- AABC or RIBA Conservation Accreditation is an advantage.
What you get back
- Salary of £48,000 - £52,000
- Annual bonus
- Research allowance
- Hybrid working for all staff
- Paid memberships, include RIBA, ARB, and IHBC.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We'll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we'll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they've successfully completed the probation period.
Conservation Architect Job in Chiswick, London - Your Architecture Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Charlotte Lambert Job Ref: 12260)
Apply for Conservation Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly