Technical Designer Job in Islington, North London
Technical Designer job is now available in Islington, North London. Our client is seeking an experienced Technical Designer or Technical Architect with a background in the contemporary high-end residential sector to join their team on a permanent basis.
Established over 12 years ago, the practice offers full architectural services from inception to completion. With high-end residential projects as their key sector, they have a highly skilled team of professionals that are passionate about designing and delivering beautiful homes of a high calibre. All projects are produced using BIM, which enables them to deliver elegant and cost-effective design solutions to their clients. You'll be joining a fun and sociable team of 10, in an office that sits nicely alongside Hackneys' canal.
The practice offers full architectural services from concept through to completion. Candidates will need to be experienced with ArchiCAD or Revit and have experience working across all RIBA stages, with more strengths in the technical stages of projects.
Role & Responsibilities
- To work on projects focusing on RIBA stages 4-7
- Advise on technical matters for the earlier RIBA stages 0-3
- To complete site inspections and ensure all relevant documentation is produced and maintained
- Manage the full tender process, liaising with clients, contractors, and internal teams
- Administration duties such as JCT Contracts and all project-related documents, instructions, and certificates.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years' experience and one year UK experience
- Strong client-facing skills
- Excellent technical design and detailing skills, competent articulating high-quality and detailed schemes with a 3D BIM environment
- Prior experience working on RIBA stages 4-7
- Excellent ArchiCAD skills and/or Revit
- Proven experience delivering tender and construction packages.
What you get back
- Salary of £32,000 - £44,000
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays and an extra day off on your birthday. You will also gain an extra day's holiday each year you are in the practice
- Annual Christmas and summer party
- Monthly team lunch out
- Office drinks on a Friday
- Café style kitchen with free tea, coffee, fruit, and snacks
- Informal, relaxed dress code and slippers are given to each team member to wear in the office
- Dog-friendly office
- Regular CPDs
- Profit share bonus is split equally between the team each year
- Cycle to work scheme.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We'll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we'll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they've successfully completed the probation period.
Technical Designer Job in - Your Architecture Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Charlotte Lambert Job Ref: 12589)