Senior Designer Job in Cheshire
This successful housing builder has a new Senior Designer job based in its Cheshire office. The role is an amazing opportunity to work client side with a number of residential planning projects.
Our client is one of the UK's largest privately-owned house builders and has been established for over 60 years, building new homes in the Northwest, Midlands and the South of England. Their residential projects are varied from listed buildings to residential development of 300 units.
Due to ongoing project demand they are currently seeking a Senior Designer with experience of urban and layout designs.
Role & Responsibilities
- Reviewing technical information to assist in the production of initial sketch layouts for land appraisals
- Production of supporting information to support competitive design-led land bids such as street scenes and design statements
- Developing planning layouts & ancillary details using both standard and bespoke house types in preparation for planning applications and eventual production on site
- Production of supporting documentation such as design and access statements for planning applications
- Co-ordinating consultants in the production of supporting reports for planning applications
- The submission of planning applications
- The management of planning applications through to an approval
- The discharge of planning conditions in a timely manner
- Management of the group house type drawing registers & filing systems
- Production of new & bespoke house type working drawings and supporting details
- Management of external architects, consultants and suppliers in the production of new house type working drawings and supporting details
- The assessment and implementation of any changes to the group house types resulting from the group feedback system
- Liaison with site managers and the regional design & technical teams
- Assessing and implementing any changes to the group working drawings and details resulting from changing standards and regulations.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience working in the UK residential sector is essential
- Project experience that includes Layout designs and early planning stages of residential developments
- HNC or HND in construction, Architectural technology, or Building Studies
- Skilled in the use of AutoCAD
- Ability with Adobe suite products such as Photoshop.
What you get back
- £50,000 - £56,000
- Company car or car allowance
- 26 days holiday
- Life assurance
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We'll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we'll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they've successfully completed the probation period.
Senior Designer Job in Cheshire - Your Architecture Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: John Watson Job Ref: 12559)