Thorp is an award-winning practice, established in 1985, offering professional services in architecture, interior design and landscaping. With an international reputation for excellence in design, the practice has carried out commissions for private clients, both in the UK and abroad, on a diverse range of commercial, hospitality and high-end residential projects.
You are a creative and confident architect, with a minimum of 10 years’ experience working on high-quality residential and commercial projects in the UK and internationally. You can take multiple residential projects from inception to completion (all RIBA stages. You have an organised, flexible and collaborative approach to work with an eye for detail. Hardworking and conscientious, you are prepared to use your initiative. This is a client-facing role, so you must have good inter-personal and presentation skills.
About the Role
Joining us on a permanent basis, you will be based at our Sloane Street studio in London working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Some travel in the UK and abroad will be required. Immediate start available, if desired.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Produce coherent/well resolved architectural designs
• Technical detailing
• Liaising with clients, planning, building control and contractors
• Site visits
• Contract administration
• Report writing
Qualification and Skills
• RIBA Part 3 Professional Practice or ARB Accreditation (required)
• Excellent English, both written and verbal (required)
• A hands-on approach to design, with the proven ability to work collaboratively with other disciplines and specialists throughout all stages (required)
• Excellent drawing and presentation skills (required)
• Understanding of building technologies and environmental design and ability to employ structural theories, construction techniques and processes (required)
• Understanding of technical standards, regulatory frameworks, and health & safety requirements (required)