1 day left
- Full Time
Be part of the vision; be part of the RIBA.
The RIBA is a global professional membership body, and a cultural organisation, driving excellence in architecture.
Salary: £34,816 - £35,000 per annum
Location: London – RIBA HQ
Hours: 35 hours per week - full time, but with travel outside normal working hours when needed. 6-month Fixed Term Contract.
Do you have a passion for architecture? RIBA Awards are an important part of the RIBA’s work and are hugely valued by our Members and everyone with an interest in architecture. We are looking for a pro-active and pragmatic Awards Manager to join our busy Awards Team. The Awards Manager is responsible for the delivery of the RIBA Awards programme from the point of entry through to the announcement of our winners, working alongside Entrants, Juries, Media Partners, Building Owners and Clients. The Awards programme includes UK Regional and National Awards and International Awards, Fellowships, the Royal Gold Medal as well as the RIBA Stirling Prize.
The Awards Team is central to a network of stakeholders, both internal and external and this is a hands-on and varied role that involves:
- communications with many different teams within the RIBA, architects, and other key external stakeholders to ensure the judging process is thorough and rigorous and that key materials, such as Judging Information, Media Collateral and Digital Assets are up to date and of a high standard
- day to day management of the Awards process, including our Awards entry system, updates on the website, arranging and attending jury visits and meetings
These are exciting times for the RIBA Awards. Our Awards are evolving as we strive to ensure they remain the Gold Standard of recognition in architecture.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- knowledge of architecture and the management of the built environment through either academia, professional experience or personal interest
- experience of delivering an awards programme and/ or an understanding of the purpose and objectives of such programmes, combined with excellent project management skills
- understanding of managing key stakeholders and the ability to take initiative and deputise for the Head of Awards
We welcome and encourage job applicants from all backgrounds and sector experience.
The RIBA offers employees a range of staff benefits including 26.5 days of annual leave + half-day for Christmas shopping, paid closure between Christmas & New Year, season ticket loan and generous pension scheme. For more details on our benefits click here
If you would like to apply for the position, please submit your CV and covering letter using the form below (for this position, “Work Examples” are not required so please submit your CV or covering letter again in this field). Additionally, please ensure that you complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form which will be submitted separate from your application
Please read job description: Awards Manager
Closing date: Friday 28th January 2022
Interview date: TBC
The RIBA aims to be an inclusive employer, committed to developing a varied and mixed workforce where all are encouraged to be themselves. We value applications from all sections of society and welcome requests for flexible working across our organisation.
Registered Charity No. 210566
Apply for Awards Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly