Freelance designers and Architects
Are you an Architect or Lead Designer wanting to be your own boss working from home?
Want to earn between £4000 & £6000 per month?
Bluelime is looking for Freelance Architects/Lead Designers to work on residential projects throughout London and the South East
PLEASE NOTE: So we can provide exemplary design services for our clients you must be based in London/South East England
Please confirm your address when submitting your CV.
We are an RIBA chartered architectural practice currently experiencing exponential growth in the residential design sector throughout London and Kent. Based in Erith, Kent we will soon be one of the largest specialist home designers in the South East. We specialize in home extensions/conversions and new build luxury homes throughout London and the South East. Our business is set to grow further with the launch of our new luxury brand The Architects Of London which focuses on high end residential refurbishment, conversions and extensions in West London. This year we have already added a further seven offices in London.
We have an ambitious strategy for further growth across London and the South East for both the Bluelime and The Architects Of London brands and need to build our teams regionally to facilitate this growth.
Maybe you have been looking for an opportunity to break out of your current employment as a Designer/Architect and set up on your own?
Maybe since COVID, a flexible arrangement, being your own boss running your own projects would be a perfect opportunity for you right now?
At Bluelime we believe this could be the perfect time for you to make that life changing move you’ve always dreamed of.
During COVID, here at Bluelime we have experienced exponential growth driven by home owners who want to make changes at home. With over 14 years of home design experience we have the pedigree and brand collateral that continues to propel us from strength to strength. We are offering you an opportunity to be part of this exciting journey which in effect will deal with any uncertainty or concerns you may have had previously about starting out on your own. Don’t worry - we’ve been there too in the early days. There has probably been all sorts of things holding you back from taking that leap of faith like where is the next job coming from?, I’ve got to get my website up and running but I have no projects to show on there? what about invoicing and the business side of things? These are all valid concerns and are but a few of the reasons why you may have kept putting it off. Now is the time to get on board with us. We will take care of any concerns you may have or any reservations that have been holding you back up until now.
Our unique system will allow you to do what you love doing – designing with more autonomy, being creative, managing your own clients and projects, we’ll take care of everything else and help you keep a constant flow of projects.
We are looking for a particularly special kind of person to come on board with us at this early exponential growth stage. You need to have the aspiration and desire to go the extra mile so you quickly become the goto local design expert in your area.
Whilst you would predominately be working from home we would require you to attend our head office in Erith on occasion so you can benefit from face to face dialogue and support from the rest of the design team and our resident full time Structural Engineer and Construction Director. This would be particularly important early days so you get the most out of your training and can hit the ground running as quickly as possible. We will also hold video call bi-weekly project review meetings with you and our Design Director to make sure you are still on track with everything.
This is a client facing role. Customer focus and great service are key attributes that are absolutely fundamental to the role. You will have considerable customer contact therefore you must possess the confidence and ability to create and maintain a great working relationship with our clients. Communication is key and you must be willing to talk with your clients at least weekly. Much of our current success is down to the likability and trust factor. You must possess these abilities. Being able sell your services and convince customers that you (as part of Bluelime) are the right choice Designer would be be a beneficial attribute. Our sales team will help you with this. You will also receive extensive training in both sales and operations before you go out into the marketplace and speak to our customers.
To work under our other premium brand “The Architects of London’ you will have a distinct advantage if you have current working relationships with Londons top end property owners/developers such as Cadogan Estates, Portland Estates etc. If you are in a position to help grow our business with these potential clients and other high end west London developers you will have a further advantage.
If you are an aspiring, ambitious Lead Designer/Architect looking for a break-through opportunity that will be interesting, varied and challenging then this is the role for you. This is your chance to shine and set your design creativity loose on some of the amazing residential properties we work on. It is also your opportunity to be your own boss once and for all.
If you have aspirations to excel in everything you do, are ready for the next step into a more flexible career or are entrepreneurial in your thinking, you will have a distinct advantage. We are not looking for individuals who are happy with the status quo. We want people who are talented, creative, flexible, ambitious, and want to get on in life.
To excel in the role your sales ability, understanding of what is possible and how best to achieve what our clients want when extending or converting their homes is important.
You must be able to demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills. As you will be liaising with our clients regularly, a good command of the English language is essential.
Experience working in Autodesk Revit would be beneficial. You will possess a minimum of 3 years working experience of UK Building Regulations and Planning Regulations.
Preferably you will be RIBA Part 3 qualified although this is not essential.
- Becoming the goto local design expert in your area
- Meet clients and sell your services. (Although our internal sales team will help you with this)
- Complete designs for residential properties throughout the London and the South East
- Plan ahead and coordinate other designers, assistants and service providers that undertake other design services managed by you
- Manage Designers and consultants including the critiquing of their surveys/designs to deliver all Bluelime/The Architects Of London projects to agreed time lines and quality and in line with RIBA Plan of Work systems
- Client liaison delivering excellent customer service.
- Meeting with clients and contractors on site as necessary to support your design function
- Responsibilities as set out under RIBA rules and regulations allowing us to maintain the RIBA chartered practice designation.
- Provide and maintain high standards of design, construction and contract management and support colleagues to maintain standards and ensure compliance
- Identify/implement new business opportunities in your area
- Proficient in Autodesk Revit
- Good design scheme presentation skills
- Customer first focus ability
- Ability to sell your services
- Excellent communicator
- Planning and coordination skills of other designers and consultants involved with the business
- Knowledge of structural design aspects so you can instruct and understand information provided by our Structural Engineer
- Problem solving on your projects.
- Understanding of construction costs.
- Effective team player and people manager
- A working knowledge of UK Building Regulations and Planning restrictions
- Strong telephone, email and face-to-face communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to build rapport quickly.
- Must demonstrate the drive and ambition to meet targets on a month by month basis.
- Proficient with all aspects of MS Office programs including Word, Outlook and Excel.
After successfully completing your online training from the comfort of your own home you will be undertaking your own design consultations, meeting with clients referred by us to you and securing your own projects attracting a fee payment on a project by project basis depending on the type/size of project. Our current freelance designers typically invoice between £4000 and £6000/mth however it is only limited to how many projects you are happy to take on. Early days it tends to be towards the lower end of the scale as it takes time to build the project demand in your area .
If you are interested please get in touch and email us your CV.
You can find out more about us by visiting