CORNWALL – Conservation Architect with Part 3, be ARB registered. 3 to 5 years’ experience on varied historic structures.
Location: St Agnes, Cornwall
Salary: £35,000 to £50,000 subject to experience and qualification.
Need: An experienced Architect with a passion for historic structures working from our St Agnes Cornwall Office (Home working subject to arrangement). To deliver a wide range of Technical and Planning project types from nationally important historic structures; civic buildings; housing and commercial. A design flair with excellent presentation skills. The candidate will support and guide the Firms business success. Ideally, you will have a specialist qualification associated with historic buildings.
Us: A multi-disciplinary building and conservation practice Desmonde Associates is operating throughout the UK. We are working with major organisations such as Local Authorities, the Scottish Government, Prime Contractors and Property Developers.
Location: Based at our Cornwall Offices in St Agnes, the work environment is wonderful, close to a beautiful coastal environment. Within 30 minutes of Truro and the Newquay Airport. A great place to live and work.
Duties and Responsibilities for the role:
- Lead our historic buildings and conservation portfolio.
- Good leadership and task time management skills
- Listed building consent applications
- Monitoring junior staff
- To manage design to Planning and Project delivery
- Site visits, attend meetings, carry out inspections and surveys when required and deliver reports on outcomes.
- To be self-motivated, work independently and deliver allocated tasks using own judgement.
Skills and Experience for the role:
- Specialist skills with Historic Buildings and Conservation and a recognised qualification in the field would be a distinct advantage.
- A thorough knowledge of construction details and good understanding of Building Regulations.
- Experience in AutoCad/Revit with understand of BIM.
We Offer: Salary between £30,000 and £50,000; responsibility; innovative and inventive challenges; CPD support; and scope for rapid advancement. Discretionary Bonus after 12 months.
Our Ethos: Quality of Life and Quality of Opportunity