Head of Sustainability
Head of Sustainability Job in Bermondsey, London
Want to make a difference? Our client is looking for an experienced Head of Sustainability to help shape the future of projects for generations to come!
Our client was founded in the 1940's and grown to over 250 people across multiple offices. In this time they have established themselves as industry leaders with specialisms in planning, heritage consultancy, building surveying, conservation, and contemporary architecture. They are committed to environmental sustainability in all the buildings they design and conserve. With their holistic knowledge approach to sustainable design, they create buildings that last and can adapt over many years.
This practice has joined the RIBA 2030 Climate Challenge with the aim across all of their projects for a zero whole life carbon for all new retrofitted buildings by 2030! Right now is an exciting time for them to add a new Head of Sustainability to their growing team to help shape the future of projects.
Role & Responsibilities
- To work with project teams to develop, implement and integrate a strategy that sets out commitments, approaches, and intentions
- Create sustainability frameworks, policies, and guidance
- Attend and lead meetings whilst acting as the first point of contact as part of the 'Architects Declare' and 'RIBA 2030 Climate Challenge' initiative, you will also attend other meetings alongside MEP/environmental/sustainability Consultants where necessary
- Provide expert and practical advice on sustainability
- Identify potential R&D and conduct research initiatives related to sustainability, green building, and regenerative design
- Keep up to date with industry research and environmental issues, concerns, and stakeholder interests
- Awareness of Australia and Hong Kong targets to meet sustainability goals, alongside the UK
- Guide Project Architects to produce technical reports and sustainability statements to support planning applications and design stage reports
- Assist and guide architects through/with the environmental assessment of project work
- Assist the new business and marketing teams.
Required Skills & Experience
- Knowledge and experience of the construction industry, RIBA, building regulations and processes
- Minimum of 3 -5 years' + experience in sustainability
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Sustainability, Architecture, Interior Design, Urban Planning or related field. Sustainability certification and accreditation is preferred but is not essential
- Architectural background is desirable but not essential
- Understanding qualifications within sustainability such as BREAAM, LEED, Building Regulations Part L, WELL, SKA, CEEQUAL or NABERS is highly desirable
- Technical knowledge of sustainable materials and responsible sourcing essential
- An understanding of the UK and international laws and regulations is essential
- Extensive knowledge and passion of sustainable and regenerative design strategies, including material selection and technologies
- An interest in historic buildings.
What you get back
- Salary of £75,000 - £85,000
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave, increasing up to 30 days with service
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Eye care vouchers
- Optional healthcare cashback
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Employee assistance programme.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We'll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we'll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they've successfully completed the probation period.
Head of Sustainability Job in Bermondsey, London - Your Architecture Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Charlotte Lambert Job Ref: 12217)