DyerGrimes Architecture is seeking an experienced senior architect to join its team in London.
Who we are
Dyer Grimes Architecture are a leading high-end residential architectural and interiors design practice in south west London, who have achieved the Sunday Times Best Family Home award two years running and have moved into brand new offices overlooking the river at Wandsworth. We have recently won some fantastic new commissions and are looking to grow our team with a number of different positions. We are an award-winning practice and as such have high standards of design and presentation.
Working closely with the head of creative design, you will be responsible for designing new houses and extensions to period properties primarily based around the south west London area.
You will deal with the client directly throughout the briefing process, design, and pre-planning stages and as well as liaising with cost consultants, internal and external professionals. It will be your responsibility to prepare drawings, plans and documents for feasibility studies, pre/planning applications and obtain relevant research and permissions.
- demonstrate solid expertise in high end residential new build houses and period refurbishment projects
- excellent design, presentation, and technical ability
- a demonstrable track record of running projects from inception to completion
- comprehensive contract documentation and contract administration skills.
- high proficiency in Vectorworks, 3D modelling skills SketchUp and 3D rendering skills, In-Design and Photoshop software
- ability to coordinate and manage external technical staff, consultants, and contractors
- strong ability to prioritise and handle multi-tasking
- strong ability in the production of detailed drawing packages for construction
- advanced Knowledge of NBS Specification, UK British standards and building regulations
- managed projects on-site successfully to timescale and budget
- commercially savvy as well as demonstrate understanding for budgets and construction costs
- positive, outgoing, and approachable communicator, able to express ideas effectively, orally, graphically and in writing and can lead any client comfortably through the design process and respond effectively to the clients’ briefs
- can keep up with a fast-paced working environment and deal with obstacles and tight deadlines with a positive attitude
- fluent in English, verbal and written
- we are looking for the best senior architects, we are looking for high-quality candidates with UK experience only and proven residential experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our friendly and creative office and build a portfolio of award-winning homes.
To apply please send your CV of no more then 15pages and a cover letter to email@example.com