Planning Recruitment are currently recruiting for a well-established, multi-disciplined Architectural studio in South London as they look to welcome an Architect or Architectural Technologist to their studio following a succession of work winning.
Joining the expanding team, you will be working closely with the studio Technical Director on the delivery of a 200+ unit Residential scheme in London at RIBA stages 4 + 5. Beyond that, the practice has secured a number of pre-planning projects to support on as well, giving you the opportunity to work on a variety of building types and scales.
Responsibilities of this role will include:-
- The creation and development of design proposals and planning applications through to technical specifications, tender packages, and detailed construction drawings
- Responsibility for projects across all work stages, however with a focus on RIBA work stages 3-5 for a 200+ unit residential scheme
- Engage with clients, contractors and consultants
- Carry out designer CDM responsibilities
- Attend and help with site appraisals, surveys, client meetings and site inspections
- Mentorship and support of junior colleagues
- Be either an ARB/RIBA chartered Architect or CIAT registered Technologist
- Have strong construction knowledge
- Demonstrable experience working on projects through RIBA stages 3 – 5
- Have current working knowledge of sustainable, low carbon building technologies
- At least five years’ UK office based, post qualification experience*
- Experience working on large scale, UK housing projects
- Solid understanding of UK Building regulations
If you meet the criteria listed above, please apply with a copy of your CV by pressing the apply button to be considered. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear from us within 7 days please consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
* Where we indicate a band of PQE for a role, this indicates how long we would expect an architectural professional to take to gain the level of experience required in an appropriate context. It does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE who can demonstrate that they have acquired the relevant experience.