Architectural Expert Witness
We are currently working with a successful architectural practice that is currently seeking an Architect with a passion for inclusive design to join them to train as an Architectural Expert Witness.
Our client is an established multi-sector architectural practice, with a portfolio of projects including residential, healthcare, hospitality, commercial, transport, masterplanning and the addition of expert witness services.
They are now looking for a talented Architect to join them on a permanent basis while also offering full training as an Architectural Expert Witness. This role would see you split your time between working in a traditional Architect role whilst training with more experienced colleagues to qualify as an Expert Witness and eventually take on your own cases.
This is a great opportunity for an Architect who wants to make a difference to the lives of people and provide expert advice in the field of residential healthcare.
Role & Responsibilities
- Full training both inhouse and external for the role will be provided followed by a period of shadowing a qualified Expert Witness - this process would be over a 6 - 12-month period
- Visiting claimants at their homes, making an assessment of their disability needs and future design requirement
- Working closely with clients who have suffered life changing events
- Attending case conferences with Solicitors
- Occasionally attending court if required to give evidence
- Providing architectural services when required for build out schemes resulting from expert witness work
- Traveling in across the UK and internationally when required
- Taking a lead role in the running of architectural projects
- Production of design drawings.
Required Skills & Experience
- A RIBA Qualified Architect
- Driving licence
- 10 years post qualification experience
- Experience designing for disability or health care would be highly advantages
- Residential project design experience
- Outgoing, articulate, literate, personable (people skills is hugely important for this appointment)
- Confident dealing with clients and other professionals
- Fantastic English, both written and oral.
What you get back
- Salary of £50,000 - £55,000
- 25 days holiday
- Free on-site parking
- 4% contribution pension
- Life assurance
- Payment of RIBA membership.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We'll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we'll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they've successfully completed the probation period.
Expert witness in East Grinstead West Sussex - Your Architecture Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: John Watson Job Ref:12119)