Senior Architect, Northampton
Job Title: Senior Architect
MWK Architects is a small, chartered practice that has flexibility and staff welfare at its forefront. An out of town working environment with a 4 ½ day week, remote working options, sociable lunchtimes including a practice lunch once a week all help to create a welcoming, supportive environment and a good work life balance.
The practice works across many sectors including offices, educational, commercial and Passivhaus affordable housing for housing associations.
As a small company, the successful applicant must be willing to understand and contribute to the business management aspects of the company as well as the day to day running of the business.
As a Senior Architect, you will work closely with the Director and other architect team members, interpret client briefs, produce concept designs, work closely with clients and see projects through to completion. Strong leadership and job management are key together with extensive knowledge of CAD and Adobe software. You must be able to mentor junior staff as well as being able to handle contractors and deal with difficult situations. The role will give the successful candidate scope to grow their capabilities in a way that is often precluded in larger practices.
Senior Architect Job Responsibilities
- Design in accordance with UK regulations
- Coordination with consultants
- Liaise with Clients to ensure all issues are addressed in a timely manner and that the project requirements are met
- Job running
- Project Management
- Undertake CPD, carry out research and maintain up to date knowledge on the industry, application methods, materials and regulations
- Ensure the team works together to achieve goals and targets
- Act as a mentor to Part 2 students and recently qualified architects
- Networks and consult with industry professionals
- Maintain project and company confidentiality
Senior Architect Requirement
- 5+ years in practice post Part 3 qualification (happy to discuss number of years depending on range of sector experience)
- Impressive portfolio of experience including residential and commercial sector work
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- In depth understanding of CAD software, AutoCAD and ArchiCAD required. Revit may be useful
- Competent with Adobe software including InDesign and Photoshop
- Deadline driven
- Detail oriented
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Design or similar
- MA Degree in Architecture or Design
- ARB Part 3 qualification
- Car ownership essential