Your new role:
This exciting opportunity is a key appointment within the housing team at Stephen George and Partners’ Leicester office. You will be working in urban design / masterplanning for varied housebuilders on various sizes of sites.
What you'll need to succeed:
• A residential design background with an architectural degree or similar experience.
• 5 years professional experience working in a design focused practice or from a developer / housebuilder background.
• A proven track record demonstrating ability to take a client brief from concept, through the testing layout and up to planning application
• A working knowledge of current UK planning policy and the RIBA Work Stages.
• A keen interest in residential-led projects, and be able to present your work in this context.
• Experience of land promotion and strategic development planning.
• Ability to work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams on a range of projects.
• Ability to understand, communicate and present contextual issues from surrounding large areas.
• Excellent drawing and presentation skills and the ability to explain a design idea and evolution of a concept.
• A desire to keep up to date with developments in the field and to support the team in being at the leading edge of urban design.
• Outstanding graphic skills including hand drawings and diagrams, plans and images using Photoshop / Illustrator, ready to publish.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit to prepare 2D and 3D work.
• Excellent spoken and written English.
• Good familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Salary: Negotiable (d.o.e), with annual salary review
• Profit related bonus
• Life and permanent health insurance
• 34 days holiday pa pro rata