Architect / Part III
Ambitious Dynamic RIBA Part 3 Architect Required for residential design practice undertaking Projects throughout London and the South east England.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to our current marketing focus and client base you must be based in London/Kent.
Please confirm your address when submitting your CV.
We are an RIBA chartered practice currently experiencing exponential growth in the residential design sector throughout London. Based in Erith, Kent we will soon be one of the largest specialist home designers in southeast England. We specialise in high end Luxury home extensions/conversions and new builds. This is set to increase further with the launch of our new luxury brand, The Architects of London, which focuses on high end residential refurbishment, conversions, and extensions to super prime properties in West London.
We are looking for a particularly special kind of person to come on board with us at this early exponential growth stage. That person needs to have the aspiration and desire to go the extra mile where we can develop a role around their skill sets.
This is a permanent role where you will be based full time in our Head Office in Erith and can benefit from face-to-face dialogue and support from the rest of the design team and our Practice Director, Structural Engineer and Construction Director. Our office is based in a large modern business center located 10minutes walk from Belvedere train station with ample on-site free parking also available.
This is a client facing role. Customer focus and great service are key attributes that are fundamental to the role. You will have considerable customer contact therefore you must possess the confidence and ability to create and maintain a great working relationship with each of our clients. Much of our current success is down to the likability and trust factor.
If you are an aspiring, ambitious Architect looking for a break-through opportunity that will be interesting, varied and challenging then this is the role for you. This is your chance to shine and set your design creativity loose on some of the amazing residential properties we work on. It is also your opportunity to rise to the next level of progression in your career where you would be managing the operations of the Bluelime/The Architects of London business.
In the first instance to join us as an Architect you will be undertaking and managing others undertaking the design function for residential conversions, extensions, and refurbishment schemes ranging from £80k to £1mil. This will involve you meeting our clients at their property and undertaking the full design process, immersing yourself in how we do things so you can work out where improvements can be implemented within the business. You will also be required to quality check design functions conducted by others including other Designers and Structural Engineers. You will need to be pro-active in your management style by continually liaising with our service providers to ensure they are delivering a quality product by the agreed timescales promised to our clients.
Experience in using Autodesk Revit will be advantageous. You will possess a minimum of 3 years working experience of UK Building Regulations and Planning Regulations. Technical/construction drawing ability will also be important as well as high-end visual design.
You must be RIBA Part 3 qualified and (whilst in our employment) be able to transfer your registration to our business so we can maintain our RIBA Chartered Practice status. In return we will pay for your RIBA Membership costs and ARB Membership costs. Full CPD training is also available to assist with the requirements to remain current.
We will give you all the necessary training and support you need to help you to be successful.
- Assisting the Practice Director in leading the business and team forward as a senior member of staff
- Office operational management
- Strategic planning to ensure business success
- Process improvement
- Motivate the team to achieve business goals
- Chair weekly coordination/planning meetings with the team to ensure everyone co-ordinated to achieve business goals and to use this forum to take on board team ideas and concerns they may have.
- Grow our business in the west London luxury residential sector by assisting our sales and marketing teams and using your property owner/developer contacts
- Complete designs for residential properties throughout the London using Autodesk Revit
- Plan and coordinate other designers, assistants, and service providers
- Manage Designers and consultants including the critiquing of their surveys/designs to deliver all Bluelime/The Architects of London projects to agreed timelines and quality and in line with all RIBA stage 1-7.
- Assist the Practice Director in managing the practice/business meeting profit and revenue expectations
- Client liaison delivering excellent customer service. Every client must be contacted with at least fortnightly.
- Meeting with clients and contractors on site, as necessary.
- Producing fee quotes to secure future work
- Help the Sales and Marketing team grow both the Bluelime and The Architects of London brands
- Helping the rest of the team upskill on Revit and assist with library creation.
- Advising and instructing designers and sub-contract designers when queries arise beyond their ability
- Responsibilities as set out under RIBA rules and regulations allowing us to maintain the RIBA chartered practice designation.
- Review our processes and design standards and implement improvements where necessary
- Meet with clients and go through the design brief line by line, mark up any changes/further detail as necessary
- Sketch out ideas with clients there and then if necessary
- All options to have budget build costs
- Design development with clients to achieve final design
- Submission of planning applications
- Production of construction drawings with full electrical and mechanical layouts, door, and ironmongery schedules
- Coordination of Structural Designs provided by Engineer
- Ability to self-motivate and work with a certain amount of autonomy at Senior Management level
- Ability to motivate others and help them achieve deadlines
- Good practice/business management skills
- Proficient in Autodesk Revit
- Good presentation skills of designs to clients both face to face and by email
- Excellent communicator happy to communicate verbally with clients every 7 days minimum and ensure your team does the same
- Planning and coordination skills of other designers and consultants involved in your projects.
- Knowledge of structural design aspects so you can instruct and understand information provided by our Structural Engineer
- Problem solving on yours and other’s projects.
- Understanding of construction costs.
- Effective collaborator and people manager
- Proficient with all aspects of MS Office programs including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- A working knowledge of UK Building Regulations and Planning restrictions would be advantageous.
- Strong telephone, email, and face-to-face communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to build rapport quickly.
After successfully completing your 3-month probationary period, you will be permanently employed attracting a salary between £35000 and £45000 negotiable depending on experience.
If you are interested, please get in touch, and email us your CV.
You can find out more about us by visiting