Bluelime are currently seeking experienced Permanent and Freelance Architectural Technologists / Technicians For Residential Projects throughout South London Area
PLEASE NOTE: Due to our current marketing focus and client base you must be based in London/Kent.
Please confirm your address when submitting your CV.
We are an RIBA chartered practice currently experiencing exponential growth in the residential design sector throughout South London. Based in Erith, Kent we will soon be one of the largest specialist home designers in the South East. We specialize in home extensions/conversions and new builds undertaking around 10-12 new projects per month ranging from £35k single storey extensions and loft conversions to £700k double storey luxury extensions and new builds. This is set to increase further with a possible office move later next year to central London which will allow us to add more west London properties to our portfolio.
We have an ambitious strategy for further growth across London and the South East and need to build our teams to facilitate this growth.
We are looking for a particularly special kind of person to come on board with us at this early exponential growth stage. That person needs to have the aspiration and desire to go the extra mile where we can develop a role around their skill sets.
This can be either a freelance or permanent full time role where you will be based in our Head Office in Erith and can benefit from face to face dialogue and support from the rest of the design team and our resident full time Structural Engineer. Our office is based in a large modern business center and benefits from café and breakout areas. The Engine House is driving the way forward with 3D printing and modelling facilities here on site and is a vibrant and fun place to work. Public transport facilities are good with Belvedere train station 10 minutes walk.
If you are an experienced Architectural Technologist / Technician looking for a break-through opportunity that will be interesting, varied and challenging then this is the role for you. This is your chance to shine and set your technical design abilities loose on some of the amazing residential properties we work on.
If you have aspirations to excel in everything you do and progress within your career, you will have a distinct advantage. We want people who are flexible, ambitious, and want to get on in life. The role is certainly demanding, there is a lot for you to do however the financial and personal rewards are there for anyone who puts in the work and goes the extra mile. With this role comes the possibility of progression to more senior positions within our business. For the highest performing Technicians with the right management and leadership skills there will be an opportunity to develop your career into a more senior role where you could be responsible for managing a team of technologists as we grow and expand the team.
Alternatively if you are looking for something more flexible then a freelance role might be more appealing. As a freelancer you would be appointed on a project by project basis with fees based on each project type and paid at stages of completion. Whether permanent or freelance we will create the right type of arrangement to suit the right individual.
In order to undertake the construction design detailing to the standard we expect a minimum of 5 years construction detailing and UK Building Regulations experience is required. Experience in using Revit would also be beneficial.
- Complete construction detailing, sections, drainage layouts, specifications notes for residential projects preferably in Revit.
- Keep design and specification detail library up to date with current building regulations
- Build Over Agreement detailing and applications
- Building Control Liaison and amending details to obtain approval
- Dealing with contractor/client detail queries and amending as necessary
- 5 years construction detailing experience
- Proficient in Autodesk Revit (beneficial but not compulsory)
- Full Driving License allowing you to drive legally in the UK
- Knowledge of structural design aspects so you can instruct and understand information provided by our Structural Engineer
- Problem solving on yours and others projects.
- Understanding of construction costs.
- Effective team player and people manager
- Proficient with all aspects of MS Office programs including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- A working knowledge of UK Building Regulations
We will also offer you the use of our shared company car to get to and from projects.
If you are interested please get in touch and email us your CV.
Please confirm your current home address when applying.
You can find out more about us by visiting www.bluelimeprojects.com